Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby only sleeps for mother

Options
  • 28-01-2018 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Is there a way to train the baby to sleep for me, the father, as at the moment she only sleeps for her mother at night.

It's easy to get her down for naps, but at night time she's very insistent on her mother only. Shes 7 months.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Hi,

Is there a way to train the baby to sleep for me, the father, as at the moment she only sleeps for her mother at night.

It's easy to get her down for naps, but at night time she's very insistent on her mother only. Shes 7 months.

Cheers.

We had that from about 4 months to 6 months. At around 5.5 months we planned to move baby to her own room in her cot and took the opportunity to "rip the band-aid off". We followed the Lucy Wolfe sleep solution which meant I did first two nights stay and support with our daughter. First night took 2 hours to go to sleep. Second night was about half that. My wife did night 3 and we alternated from there. Within a week she was going to sleep in 10 minutes for either of us with minimal intervention. I don't think there's a quick and easy solution, you need to follow through on a plan to break the dependency. I'd highly recommend Lucy Wolfe's book for guidance. Good luck.

Advertisement