Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Investing in a new system...

• 28-01-2018 2:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,746 ✭✭✭

I bought a Pentax Q a couple of years ago & TBH, I love it... But my needs have changed and Pentax have stopped developing new bodies for the Q system. I'm looking to get into some video content & will need a camera with an external microphone.... So, I'm considering selling the Q & finding something else (maybe the FujiFilm XT10).

Does my Q have any value? A new system will cost me a fortune & I'll need at least 3 lenses (but not immediately)

I'm not trying to shill the Q here, I'm not even in the country for the next month, but is it worth anything? The bodies and lenses have actually gone up in price on Amazon. I have a Q body, Standard Prime (01), Standard Zoom (02), Fish Eye (03) & Wide Angle (08)... All in a pocketable form factor...

Also, any recommendation for a mirrorless system that won't cost a fortune?

440026.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,746 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

This is looking more difficult than in first thought... Need a new system camera, here's the criteria:
    1. video is primary
    2. images secondary
    3. image stabilization
    4. video autofocus
    5. connection for external mic
    6. small size (will compete for space in my backpack)
    7. price... Needs to be cost effective & will have to build up lens collection over time

Recommendations please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,102 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Panasonic GH5

cnocbui wrote: »
    Panasonic GH5

Looks great, but on the pricey side for me. The Panasonic G7 is interesting, but the stabilisation is on the lens and it's not too clear which lenses have it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,102 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

In that case perhaps look for a used Olympus E-M5 II or E-M1. Both have in-body sensor stabilisation that will work with any lens.

I'm currently veering towards the Canon M series... My concern is that they bottom out at 18mm wide equivalent lenses, but that should be acceptable for interior shots...

Around 520euros with the 15-45mm lens (24-72mm)
    https://uae.souq.com/ae-en/canon-eos-m6-ef-m-15-45mm-f3-5-6-3-is-stm-lens-24-2-mp-mirrorless-digital-camera-black-22265455/i/

440180.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement