Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3d printing help!!

Options
  • 28-01-2018 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi there. I'm trying to replicate a replacement part for my son's rc car. 3d printing seems an option. Is there a commercial operation out there where I can provide a firm/person with simple dimensions and they print it at a cost? Or is the only way for me to draft the digital design file and provide that to a 3d printer? (I do have access to autcad but I wouldn't be that proficient and looking for easy option). Any help assistance is appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Try here. It can be relatively expensive though - Might be worth looking at buying a Fabrikator Mini for yourself.

https://www.3dhubs.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 5 zlatanlex

Try here. It can be relatively expensive though - Might be worth looking at buying a Fabrikator Mini for yourself.

It is very good source, I used it many times

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭karasu

Hi there. I'm trying to replicate a replacement part for my son's rc car. 3d printing seems an option. Is there a commercial operation out there where I can provide a firm/person with simple dimensions and they print it at a cost? Or is the only way for me to draft the digital design file and provide that to a 3d printer? (I do have access to autcad but I wouldn't be that proficient and looking for easy option). Any help assistance is appreciated. Thanks

Hi,

Check thingiverse for existing design, there's quite good chance somebody uploaded it, especially for some of the more expensive ones.

If file cant be found, you should be able to get sombody to design it using Fiver.

There's commercial 3d shop in rathmines village. Charged by the plastic usage. I was quoted 80€ for selfdesigned 10x30x0.3cm backlit sign face.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭karasu

Hi,

Check thingiverse for existing design, there's quite good chance somebody uploaded it, especially for some of the more expensive ones.

If file cant be found, you should be able to get sombody to design it using Fiver.

There's commercial 3d shop in rathmines village. Charged by the plastic usage. I was quoted 80€ for selfdesigned 10x30x0.3cm backlit sign face.

Edit: if you're diy inclined, you may like this project, popped in my stream now

https://hackaday.io/project/36532-lionel-coal-car-replacement-part

Advertisement