Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

processed cheese (triangle)

Options
  • 28-01-2018 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi,

I've bought Happy Cow cheese in Tesco, it's the cheese that comes in small triangles and I see it was produced in Austria. Is there any Irish producer of that kind of cheese and where can I find it? Or is there any special reason why these kind of cheese is not produced in Ireland?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Mitchelstown Creameries (in the town of that name in Co. Cork, it's now part of Dairygold) used to produce processed cheese triangles in a circular pack of six. The brand names were Calvita, Galtee and 'Three Counties'.

Can't find a still photo but you can see the portions in this old TV ad......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Galtee prompted the saying "She thinks she's the cheese but she's only the cow on the box" :D

Kerrygold make Dubliner cheese triangles but I don't think they're available here in Ireland, which is weird http://www.foodireland.com/p/spi432.html

Not Irish, but Hochland cheese triangles are delicious, there's a great variety pack I get in the Polish section of our local supermarket.

Advertisement