Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant make calls on land line

Options
  • 28-01-2018 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hello,

I have a probelm with landline and Eir have not been able to solve this since December 2017.

I can't make a call on the land line.
    I can receive calls.
    If I prefix 13666 to the number when dialing it forces the call to be carried by EIr and the call goes through.
    Eir have alternatively told me the calls are with another carrier and have also told me on a different call they were 100% sure that calls are not with another carrier but with Eir.
    I was told to ring 19800 to listen to who this carrier is - when I dial it just gives me an engaged tone.

I'm sure the calls are not with another supplier as that call contract was stopped/cancelled 3 years ago and has been confirmed by that carrier (yourtel) as being the case on two separate calls to them in past month.

Eir are now asking if calls with another supplier - I don't know who to call to find out.

Please help ...

Line if for an elderly relative who lives alone who has not been able to make a call on phone for past 3 years now, yet still paying for the phone line.  I'm trying to get the issue resolved, she doesn't want to cause "a fuss" so has put up with this situation.... Its a really poor service.

Kiki

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

kiki wrote: »
    Hello,

I have a probelm with landline and Eir have not been able to solve this since December 2017.

I can receive calls.
    If I prefix 13666 to the number when dialing it forces the call to be carried by EIr and the call goes through.
    Eir have alternatively told me the calls are with another carrier and have also told me on a different call they were 100% sure that calls are not with another carrier but with Eir.
    I was told to ring 19800 to listen to who this carrier is - when I dial it just gives me an engaged tone.

I'm sure the calls are not with another supplier as that call contract was stopped/cancelled 3 years ago and has been confirmed by that carrier (yourtel) as being the case on two separate calls to them in past month.

Eir are now asking if calls with another supplier - I don't know who to call to find out.

Please help ...

Line if for an elderly relative who lives alone who has not been able to make a call on phone for past 3 years now, yet still paying for the phone line.  I'm trying to get the issue resolved, she doesn't want to cause "a fuss" so has put up with this situation....  Its a really poor service.

Kiki
    Hi kiki, 

I'm very sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you are having with your service. 

Feel free to PM me your account number and full name on the account and I'll have a look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭kiki

Hello,

I can receive calls.

Please help ...

Line if for an elderly relative who lives alone who has not been able to make a call on phone for past 3 years now, yet still paying for the phone line.  I'm trying to get the issue resolved, she doesn't want to cause "a fuss" so has put up with this situation....  Its a really poor service.

Kiki
    Hi kiki, 

I'm very sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you are having with your service. 

Feel free to PM me your account number and full name on the account and I'll have a look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hello,

I can receive calls.

Please help ...

Kiki
    Hi kiki, 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    PM sent
    Thanks. 

I'll come back to you soon through PM's.

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement