Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deer

Options
  • 28-01-2018 6:49pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone seen the deer statues installed at Estuary Roundabout in the last few days?

Seems a bit incongruous but I applaud the Council's efforts to improve the locale.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I haven't, but now I want to see them so I'll go down during the week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Homer

Mentioned it yesterday to Mrs H as we passed it and to be honest there are so so many better ways for the council to spend money than on this rubbish?! I would hate to see how much this cost :confused:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

It's not like Swords is famous for its deer population.

I do look forward to Christmas though, when people will hopefully add sleighs, festive scarves and offerings of carrots...

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Something something
    Deer in headlights

But yeah, as mentioned, great potential for decorating at Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 munyt

I haven't, but now I want to see them so I'll go down during the week :)

there are a few photos on Swords Tidy Towns page on Facebook :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

munyt wrote: »
    there are a few photos on Swords Tidy Towns page on Facebook :)

Thanks, I had a look. I think they're nice - I just hope they're vandal proof :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

Saw this the other morning on the way to work.

Whats the connection to Swords? Or is it just Art?

I think it's just art.

Genealogy Forum Mod

I googled frantically hoping that there may be some reference to deer roaming the area in the past, but I found nothing. So it seems it's just art. As nice as they are, it would have made more sense to have birds seen at the estuary as the theme.

They've been released from their orange pen. Hopefully they'll behave & stay on their traffic island.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Just saw these today, I'm a bit of a cynic, I was on the bike so didn't get a great look. But I was impressed. They do look well. Hope they're well anchored down. There are some members of society who would be very interested in the melted down version!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,239 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

The kids were impressed. Personally I'd rather see the council do something about the coastal erosion in Portrane!

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭cbreeze

There are cute, but I don't understand the significance of these objects other than to discharge the art budget before year end. Also, have they done a risk assessment on the possibility of cyclists and other road users impaling themselves on the horns, particularly in poor visibility?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭The Davestator

cbreeze wrote: »
    There are cute, but I don't understand the significance of these objects other than to discharge the art budget before year end. Also, have they done a risk assessment on the possibility of cyclists and other road users impaling themselves on the horns, particularly in poor visibility?

If a cyclist or anyone else 'impales' themselves on them, then it's either the worst fog in history, or they shouldn't be on the road due to being blind.

:D Guess I'm getting my Christmas wisher sooner than expected!

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement