Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conduit blocked on entry to house

Options
  • 28-01-2018 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

[font=arial, sans-serif]I have a blockage going into my home meaning you have fibre outside my house & my neighbours in the estate all have it - but the final connection into my house can't take place - due to a bend/kink in a pipe on the way into my house apparently (according to your/KN Network team). Now I have the next best package available from you which often gives me 10mb ps - but also it often drops down to 2/3/4 mb ps - as it did last night. A steady 10mb is fine for us. Your technicians examined and found a fault last month and sent me a new modem & it was fine for a few weeks but now I am having this dropping problem again.[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]What I am writing to find out is - will you make a connection into my house for fibre? ie you would have to physically drill a hole in my wall, and bring your cable out under my garden. You will not be able to rely on the existing below ground conduit. Virgin Media will do this as they are now available on my road & I am out of contract with eir in 6 weeks. I am quite happy to stay with Eir if you will make the connection for fibre.[/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

KBR wrote: »
    [font=arial, sans-serif]I have a blockage going into my home meaning you have fibre outside my house & my neighbours in the estate all have it - but the final connection into my house can't take place - due to a bend/kink in a pipe on the way into my house apparently (according to your/KN Network team). Now I have the next best package available from you which often gives me 10mb ps - but also it often drops down to 2/3/4 mb ps - as it did last night. A steady 10mb is fine for us. Your technicians examined and found a fault last month and sent me a new modem & it was fine for a few weeks but now I am having this dropping problem again.[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]What I am writing to find out is - will you make a connection into my house for fibre? ie you would have to physically drill a hole in my wall, and bring your cable out under my garden. You will not be able to rely on the existing below ground conduit. Virgin Media will do this as they are now available on my road & I am out of contract with eir in 6 weeks. I am quite happy to stay with Eir if you will make the connection for fibre.[/font]
    Hi KBR, 

I'm sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you are having with ourselves. 

Feel free to PM me your order details, full name on the account and I'll clarify these details for you. 

Thanks

Tracey 

Advertisement