Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned

Options
  • 28-01-2018 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭

Hi

I have just recieved a ban from Bryan F that I completely disagree with. Bryan took offense to me saying his posts to people were rude and creating an unpleasant atmosphere in Prices/costs. He warned me for calling him out on it (something other contributors appreciated) and then when I highlighted to the rest of the community that I had recieved warning for it, I recieved ban.

This is not the behavior of someone who is mature /stable enough to have moderator access. Can this please be looked in to?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

As per the graphic above, please confirm that you have unsuccessfully attempted to resolve this issue with the moderator. If you have not contacted the mod, please do so and post back here if you have not been able to come to an amicable agreement between yourselves and we will request a CMod to review your appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Please follow the process & discuss your ban with the mod. I suggest that you do this in a civil fashion. (Taking pot shots at someone's suitability to moderate is not a good way to start an appeal.)

Edit: Zaph beat me to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Lash_Alert

Please follow the process & discuss your ban with the mod. I suggest that you do this in a civil fashion. (Taking pot shots at someone's suitability to moderate is not a good way to start an appeal.)

I have messaged him. But to be honest, I find your comment a funny one. If you check the threads you will find condescending aggressive posts from Bryan to users who simply want guidance. One user tonight saying they wish they didn't ask the question in the first place. If this is what the appeals panel on boards.ie want to encourage I think the site is going down a wrong road.

Zaph wrote: »
    As per the graphic above, please confirm that you have unsuccessfully attempted to resolve this issue with the moderator. If you have not contacted the mod, please do so and post back here if you have not been able to come to an amicable agreement between yourselves and we will request a CMod to review your appeal.
    messaged him so apologies however he told me in his mail banning me to come here if I wanted to appeal so I was jus following instructions. Cheers

Lash_Alert wrote: »
    I have messaged him. But to be honest, I find your comment a funny one. If you check the threads you will find condescending aggressive posts from Bryan to users who simply want guidance. One user tonight saying they wish they didn't ask the question in the first place. If this is what the appeals panel on boards.ie want to encourage I think the site is going down a wrong road.
    The matter at hand relates to your actions in the forum & the sanction applied as a result. Please use the Help Desk if you wish to raise an issue regarding forum moderation.

• Advertisement

The matter at hand relates to your actions in the forum & the sanction applied as a result. Please use the Help Desk if you wish to raise an issue regarding forum moderation.

My actions and not his unacceptable tone which was called up by other members of the forum too before he deleted the posts? Interesting

My ban seems to be up. Just got back in there and I see yet more people calling the mod in question out for his rude behavior. Is this what you encourage?

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057835208/3/#post105980335

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Do you want to continue to appeal your ban, even though it has expired? We can do that.

As you've been told already, the purpose of this forum is not to discuss moderation. That is a topic for the Help Desk. The purpose of this forum is solely to appeal bans, infractions etc.

No response in over 1 month.

Closed.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement