Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you only get points for your top 6?

Options
  • 29-01-2018 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Basically i'm really bad at French. I'm fluent in Russian and I figured out recently I can do it for my LC even though it isn't taught in my school. How will that work? Will I have to replace the points I got in French with Russian or will they count the points for both? e.g if I got 30 points in French and 70 in Russian would I get 100 points along with whatever amount of points I got in my other 5 subjects?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,586 ✭✭✭✭An tUasal C

You get points for your top 6 subjects but other subjects can still go towards entry requirements.

Considering Russian is a two year course and you’re fluent, you should realistically be getting 100 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Will I have to replace the points I got in French with Russian or will they count the points for both? e.g if I got 30 points in French and 70 in Russian would I get 100 points along with whatever amount of points I got in my other 5 subjects?
    The CAO will count your top 6 subjects for points, regardless of what they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

As the others have said, it's the top 6 subjects you score in. I know it's a few months off yet, but best of luck in it.

It'll be 10 years this June since I did it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Make sure your Examinations Secretary enters you for Russian.

Advertisement