Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a refund for faulty ecig / poor design

• 29-01-2018 12:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭

I gave up cigarettes at christmas, after trying and failing with a VIP ecig - I wanted to spend a bit more, get a decent one and kick it for good.

My main reason for quitting is the cost.

I was prepared to spend 50-70 euro, and chose an Arc Mini, knowing nothing really about them after consulting with the store and because it was a neat size really.

It did what it needed and now I'm thankfully happy to vape, and resent purchasing cigarettes but I had a couple of problems:

The liquid from the shop was too thick, and it would spit boiling globs of liquid out. I fixed this by switching to the stuff you get in dealz.

It gave me heartburn (I've never suffered with heartburn ever before) but it was bearable and some flavours were not as bad as others. I thought this was just a side effect of vaping that unluckily effected me.

After two weeks, the rubber seal in the tank lifted, the glass started to turn in the tank, and it started to leak, and because the screw on tank is a completely smooth fitting, once greased with liquid, there was no removing it.

I brought it into the shop looking for a replacement.

They were able to take the tank off the battery with a pliers, but unable to remove the tank from the piece that holds the coil and the seal, so reluctantly, they gave me a whole new tank.

Great.

I did find it fiddly, screwing the tank back on without getting it greasy and tightening it just enough that it wouldn't leak, but loose enough that it would come off again easily. I would always do this sitting at a desk, with kitchen towel and gingerly, because I hate the liquid getting on my hands or the mouthpiece.

Within ten days, a similar problem occurred.

It was half full of a 'heartburn inducing flavour' and I thought, feck this, I'm going to switch it or dilute it with another, but when I tried to screw off the tank, the glass starting swivelling, and it started leaking even though still fully closed.... now rendering it screwed on without a hope of removing it.

I noticed as well, that since it was now leaking liquid onto the display, the display was not showing properly.

I had to buy a disposable ecig to get me through the day.

Back to the shop, based in the issues that I'd had, looking for a full refund.

And although they again, had to remove the tank with a pliers, and the display is not working properly and it was within the 30 days - they will only offer me store credit, which is no good to me, as it leave me buying a ****tier cheaper ecig, or paying more money on top for a more expensive one, with exactly the same design, thats all they had.
    I can't spend it on the liquid as I found it too thick.

:mad:

They are accusing me of over-tightening the tank and causing the issue. Obviously I'm not tightening the tank on so firmly with my hand, that it takes a pliers to remove - its the leaking that is the issue.

After a long discussion with the manager, they are sending it back to the manufacturers to investigate 'the fault' - which is really a design flaw ... and saying no one has these issues, and meanwhile I have no ecig.

I bought a smok M17 from another store... It was €30, does exactly the same job, doesn't leak, takes seconds to fill, no fussing or unscrewing.... and guess what.... no heartburn either, no matter what I put in it :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

The first 2 set ups you used are crap,Smok is a good make & they make excellent mods & tanks,if you ever need advice on anything or buying a new set up,come back here,there are plenty of vapors here to help & well done on packing up those stinkies...

I've heard about the Dealz liquid,cheap as chips,a mate turned up yesterday & I was surprised that he was vaping & he was using the Raspberry flavour from Dealz & he is happy out & no more fag bills of €140 a week...

I know there are better juices out there compared to Dealz but if it works for you & others,then,why pay more...

Advertisement