Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Sierra Sapphire sunroof

Options
  • 29-01-2018 1:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hello all, would any one have or know any one that has a Ford Sierra Sapphire (1990) sunroof for sale. I have checked all the usual motoring for sale sites and even emailed wreckers in the UK but i cant seem to get an answer.
    the part im looking for is the specifically the metal frame that the glass is bonded to, mine is now totally rotten and lifting on 1 corner
    hope someone can help me please,
    Cheers, Mark

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,682 ✭✭✭corks finest

SparkyCrk wrote: »
    Hello all, would any one have or know any one that has a Ford Sierra Sapphire (1990) sunroof for sale. I have checked all the usual motoring for sale sites and even emailed wreckers in the UK but i cant seem to get an answer.
    the part im looking for is the specifically the metal frame that the glass is bonded to, mine is now totally rotten and lifting on 1 corner
    hope someone can help me please,
    Cheers, Mark

try any breakers in the 6 counties,,,, also ford owners clubs online

• Registered Users Posts: 33 SparkyCrk

Hello corks finest, yep, i have searched all the wreckers i used to frequent and even up to the north for Traynors.
    I did register with Ford Sierra Owners Club in the uk and have asked for help there, but alas to date, nothing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭JenovaProject

Not ideal I know but these lads were great for me getting parts for my Sapphire Cosworth about 5 years ago...
    They might have info on where you'd find standard bits or pay the bit extra for a sunroof from a Cossy.
    I've a feeling most breakers wouldn't separate the sunroof for just that piece your looking for.

http://www.rscosworthbreakers.co.uk/home.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Try these.
    Ford spares Wakefield West Yorkshire 01924 356051

Or else try sierras r us ask for dale 0784 2703657 they are Lancashire.

There is also a yard full of sierras near Huddersfield in the direction of holmfirth but I forget their names but the lad in sierras r us might know him if he can’t help you
    Hope that helps
    Had a k reg 2lr here but had to get rid of it when it fell apart.great old car though in her day.

Hi guys, thanks for the info re the UK and yes i am positive there are plenty of scrapped sierras in the UK, but i live in Ireland and get any courier here to collect and bring 1 over if i did get it, they say they cant deliver glass and i have to be a registered company!
    So ideally i need to find one here, even if i have to drive to get it.
    yep, i too had an 83 1.6L hatch back, what i didn't do to keep her on the road! finally letting it go to the scrap yard due to rust, then i bought my current 90 sapphire in 2000

• Advertisement

You might be lucky if you keep eye out on done deal for a Sierra that’s fukd up diffin a slab somewhere and is only fit for breaking but the sierras are gone scarce as a hens tooth here.maybe if you knew someone traveling over to uk with a car or a truck they might collect parts for you if they were local to them and you had them sourced and paid for.

I wonder would the boys breaking sierras in uk be able to ship parts to the ferry and send them over that way.you could collect in Dublin port if the ferry companies do that service.might be an option.surely if it was well wrapped it could travel

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

Would a Ford Granada (86-92 model) sunroof fit?
    I know a guy who has several parked up.

Hi guys, quick update, no news back from any wreckers or the ford owners club in the UK, nothing!
    I have also found out that there isn't even a new one in any ford dealer in Europe, so im getting kinda stuck!

hi Silvera, i have rang fords, definitely the sierra & granada sunroofs have different part nos., so they cant answer that question, but i would think that since the granada is a physically bigger car, it would have a bigger/slightly different sunroof.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭welder

Presume you've tried this lad, he has a rotten shell

https://www.adverts.ie/cars-for-breaking/sierra-parts/14618221

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

Could it be restored?

Like this...https://passionford.com/forum/ford-sierra-sapphire-rs500-cosworth/486628-ford-sierra-sapphire-factory-sunroof-resto.html

There is a company in Wexford that might be able to fabricate something for you...
    https://www.facebook.com/classic.c.restorations/

hi guys, yes i did get in contact with the guy that has the rotten shell, sunroof is totally seized into the car so it wont come out without a fight and damage.
    Silvera: i spoke with an old school mechanic, he thinks the Granada one cud fit, maybe worth a try, would your mate sell the sunroof outta his Granada?
    I have also got onto sierras r us and as yet they haven't returned my call

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭greendragon3

hello sparkcrk ,, i have a full sierra sunroof with rails here in the shed , came out of a '91 sierra that i scrapped a few years back .
    newsierravanandathlonerun072.jpg
    newsierravanandathlonerun071.jpg
    whitesierravanengineswap004.jpg

Hi Greengragon3, thats brill, give me your number & ill ring you,

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭greendragon3

pm sent SparkyCrk

Advertisement