Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have been clamped!

Options
  • 29-01-2018 1:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hello! My car have been clamped.. they were right my parking lasted 4 hours in a max 2 hours stay so I paid it and they take it off.. any problem they were right, my mistake.
    My question is.. if I don't say this to anyone like my parents or whoever from my insurance are they gonna know it anyway? will I receive a letter, will my insurance be affected or anything like this?? Or if I don't say anything no one is ever gonna know it??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

No you'll be grand . You can forget all about it now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

There is a distinction made between parking where there is danger to prevailing traffic such as near a traffic light or a junction where a car might block sight lines and cause a crash and overstaying in a car park or street where the main consideration is parking slot sharing and stopping all day parking and making people use public transport if all day working so that shoppers can have a go at parking instead.
    Shoppers are more beneficial to town centres whereas all day users tend not to be. Insurance companies do not bother accessing risk to all day parking and are more interested in penalty point offenses such as speeding, using defective cars, driving under the influence or when impaired etc.

While annoying, I can see that clampers are a necessary evil in that they encourage people to be expeditious in their use of a scarce resource. Nobody would be happy if every parking space was gone for the day at 10am clogged up with all day parking. This used to happen in our fair cities along with double parking, blocking other cars in parking etc.

No, once you pay you'll never hear about it again. It won't effect insurance and you will never receive any letter or such.

For clarity, you don't need to inform your insurance company.

doolox wrote: »
    There is a distinction made between parking where there is danger to prevailing traffic such as near a traffic light or a junction where a car might block sight lines and cause a crash and overstaying in a car park or street where the main consideration is parking slot sharing and stopping all day parking and making people use public transport if all day working so that shoppers can have a go at parking instead.
    Shoppers are more beneficial to town centres whereas all day users tend not to be. Insurance companies do not bother accessing risk to all day parking and are more interested in penalty point offenses such as speeding, using defective cars, driving under the influence or when impaired etc.

While annoying, I can see that clampers are a necessary evil in that they encourage people to be expeditious in their use of a scarce resource. Nobody would be happy if every parking space was gone for the day at 10am clogged up with all day parking. This used to happen in our fair cities along with double parking, blocking other cars in parking etc.

Put down that bottle and go to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

It will not affect (verb) your insurance.

Minor infractions such as parking tickets, getting clamped etc. have no effect (noun) on your insurance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Itainire

coylemj wrote: »

Minor infractions such as parking tickets, getting clamped etc. have no effect (noun) on your insurance.

Thank you so much also for your English lesson.. Itainire = italian in ireland ;)

coylemj wrote: »

when-comforting-a-grammar-nazi-i-always-say-softly-there-20474531.png

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Once you have paid for the clamping to be released that is the end of the matter. No-one else will know.

It doesn't affect insurance, nor does it have an effect on it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Well.....we now all know

:rolleyes:

But Itainire you can bribe us with limoncello ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

wexie wrote: »
    But Itainire you can bribe us with limoncello ;)

Make mine a slice of Tiramisu and a double espresso ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement