Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Star Trek Discovery 1x13 – "What's Past Is Prologue" [** SPOILERS **]

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Spear wrote: »
    I'm guessing people don't watch the preview for the next episode. It doesn't look like they don't have any grounds to fear any time travel based deus ex machine stuff.

Sshhhhh! I don't watch it – on purpose!

I appreciate the double negative ("doesn't look like they don't...") because now I'm not sure what you're trying to say :P

Let's leave it there :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,572 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The preview does give away a lot, and you're better off not seeing them. I reckon I know the bulk of what happens next as a result.

So don't discuss it in a tread about an already aired episode?

Please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,807 ✭✭✭Evade

Would it be a good idea to start the episode 14 thread so anyone who wants to speculate on the preview can?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Yeah, I think that's worked on other TV forums? Start the episode thread with a link to the preview, for those that are into that sort of thing. The rest of us will join in after it airs!

This thread definitely isn't the place to discuss previews anyway :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,572 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I was trying to strike a happy medium of not spoiling anything but still reassuring that there doesn't seem to be a cheap cop out on the way. But a pre-air but spoiler friendly Ep 14 thread seems wisest, especially given this series constant surprise/twist thing it's got going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

Spear wrote: »
    I was trying to strike a happy medium of not spoiling anything but still reassuring that there doesn't seem to be a cheap cop out on the way. But a pre-air but spoiler friendly Ep 14 thread seems wisest, especially given this series constant surprise/twist thing it's got going.

I agree. No speculation/spoilers for so 14, please, start a separate thread for that!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,807 ✭✭✭Evade

So do CBS not officially release trailers? I was looking for one to start the next episode thread but the only ones I can find are stamped with some streaming site or a video of a TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,167 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

pixelburp wrote: »
    ..... alongside the sound engineering of Star Wars......

SUICRA, I meant to mention that. I actually laughed out loud at that bit: Did.... Did Lorca just turn into a TIE Fighter as he disintegrated"

Oh oh... I know... It was sound from the Star Wars Universe and Patton Oswald's monologue is coming true........

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

While I generally agree that discussion of preview trailers should probably be spoiler tagged, lets not go overboard and banish all speculation as well. It's impossible to separate what happened in this episode from speculation about what might happen in future episodes. It's all part of the fun of post-viewing discussion.

Anyway, I loved this episode. Tbh I was about ready to throw in the towel on this show, but the last few episodes have won me over. I'm not sure it's really Star Trek but I don't care.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,271 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Evade wrote: »
    So do CBS not officially release trailers? I was looking for one to start the next episode thread but the only ones I can find are stamped with some streaming site or a video of a TV.

A preview clip is shown on After Trek. The clip on this week's edition revealed some very juicy information.

Advertisement