Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrity Big Brother USA 2018

Options
  • 29-01-2018 8:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭

Starts next week (February 7th) and will run for 2 weeks on CBS in the States. The 'celebrities' are:

Ariadna Gutiérrez — former Miss Colombia
    Brandi Glanville — formerly of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and Celebrity Big Brother UK
    Chuck Liddell — UFC Hall of Fame inductee
    James Maslow — formerly of the boyband Big Time Rush
    Keshia Knight Pulliam — former star of The Cosby Show and Tyler Perry's House of Payne
    Marissa Jaret Winokur — singer and actress from Hairspray
    Mark McGrath — frontman of noughties rockers Sugar Ray
    Metta World Peace — former NBA star from the Los Angeles Lakers
    Omarosa Manigault — Apprentice USA star and Donald Trump's recently-sacked director of the Office of Public Liaison
    Ross Mathews — former Tonight Show intern and RuPaul's Drag Race judge
    Shannon Elizabeth — star of American Pie, Scary Movie and Love Actually

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

How can we watch this Mr E?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

I want to watch for chuck Liddell alone :D
    Seems like an interesting mix of HM’s.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

How can we watch this Mr E?

It's only on in the States, so you'll need to find your own way of watching it (I can't advise on streaming or downloads as it's against the charter).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I know Keisha Knight Pullman, Ross Matthews, Shannon Elizabeth, and Omarosa, and recognise a couple of the other names. Hopefully it'll be good - I'm looking forward to it.

Nice short season too, so it won't outstay its welcome.

Hope Omarosa shares some dirt about the WH. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Dancing with Apprentice Stars :p

Brandi was a let down on CBB UK

That was pretty decent.

Did anyone else think Omarosa was a bit tipsy during her promo reel? She was definitely slurring her words.

I can't see her lasting long in the house. She is so full of her own self-importance.

Yeah I enjoyed it - actually knew a few more of them than I had originally thought I did too. Hopefully it just being 3 weeks, there'll be a nice pace to everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Feels like the pace is a little too much. Rooting for Shannon as she's such a big fan but she's playing a little too hard. Maybe that is the right strategy for such a short show but I'm not convinced. 16 letter word in the veto comp? Is that a record?

I see that it's only 13 episodes long.

07-Feb-2018 Celebrity Big Brother 01x01
    08-Feb-2018 Celebrity Big Brother 01x02
    09-Feb-2018 Celebrity Big Brother 01x03
    11-Feb-2018 Celebrity Big Brother 01x04
    12-Feb-2018 Celebrity Big Brother 01x05
    14-Feb-2018 Celebrity Big Brother 01x06
    16-Feb-2018 Celebrity Big Brother 01x07
    18-Feb-2018 Celebrity Big Brother 01x08
    19-Feb-2018 Celebrity Big Brother 01x09
    21-Feb-2018 Celebrity Big Brother 01x10
    23-Feb-2018 Celebrity Big Brother 01x11
    24-Feb-2018 Celebrity Big Brother 01x12
    25-Feb-2018 Celebrity Big Brother 01x13 (Finale)

Need to watch some more tonight. I'm already a few episodes behind. :)

• Advertisement

Yeah, short and sweet season. Quite a few of those are 2 hour episodes, but still. Second eviction tonight already.

Rooting for Ross Matthews to win at this point.

Nearly caught up. This is the best BBUSA in a few years. It's just like a regular BB. They are playing hard and I've forgotten that they are celebrities at this stage - they are just regular players. :)

Ross FTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭QueenRizla

Mr E wrote: »
    Nearly caught up. This is the best BBUSA in a few years. It's just like a regular BB. They are playing hard and I've forgotten that they are celebrities at this stage - they are just regular players. :)

Ross FTW.

I find it hard to follow the alliances/strategies! It’s a different beast than UK version.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭pooch90

Oh Keisha leaving was heartbreaking, I dunno if that's just because I'm BF my little fella though.

Just the finale left now.

Episode 12 was one of those unseen footage episodes with the start of the HOH at the end. I normally skip it but had it on in the background while I was playing on the Switch. It was pretty decent and very funny. :)

Finale tonight.

Could Omarosa win? I wouldn't have predicted that at the start, but it's definitely possible now. I think she has earned a lot of sympathy for what she went through in the WH.

I think Ross or Mark will win.

I still really want Ross to win, but I think he's probably one of the main targets of the others so he'll have to win his way to the end. Ariadna would be my second choice to win it - at the very beginning I thought she'd be pretty useless, but she's been one of the best players in a season of good players (would be great if they all played this well in the regular season).

They need to start doing something about these bitter juries that have become more and more consistent in voting the wrong player as the winner (in Survivor as well) because the deserving player "lied" their way through the game; C'mon, that's how the game works, and its usually the self proclaimed "superfans" who are the worst for being salty with their vote at the very end. It kinda makes the whole process redundant if it goes ahead like this every season. I've been watching BBUS since Season 4 and Survivor since the very first ever episode and both shows (Survivor isn't quite as bad to be fair) are suffering from this bitter jury in recent years - as a fan it's unrewarding to see it go that way.

I disagree. I don't think there's been any shift in how juries behave these days or that we've been unfortunate to have two back to back bitter juries.

I think strategic players need to consider jury management a lot more and own their game in front of the jury.

While you have a point about strategic players needing to manage the jury better in general, I still think the juries have been a lot more begrudging as of late - even when someone gives valid answers and owns up to their game and is clearly the deserving winner, the jury still make the wrong choice. It was especially obvious in this celebrity version that the jury was bitter as they got to go home and watch (which was a problem in itself) the same things we were seeing on screen.

Yeah, it was clearly a bitter jury as they basically voted for anyone but Ross. However, I do believe he was largely to blame for their bitterness (just as Paul was last summer). With the jury having the luxury of being able to watch everything when they got home it should have been even more apparent that your actions could come back to bite you in the a$$.

I believe that Omarosa would have won that game had she got to the final 2 and that this jury was willing to reward someone who actually played the game/had some sense of strategy.

They simply weren't happy with Ross' game.

• Advertisement

Just got to watch it tonight. Didn't hate it as much as you guys though. Didn't like the shenanigans in the jury during the vote. That's what robbed Ross.

Mr E wrote: »
    Just got to watch it tonight. Didn't hate it as much as you guys though. Didn't like the shenanigans in the jury during the vote. That's what robbed Ross.

I definitely didn't hate it, but was certainly left feeling unsatisfied by the result. Until it got to the whole Jury questioning and vote, I thought the last 3 weeks was some of the best Big Brother we had seen in years - I guess bitter juries just really grind my gears... :D

Advertisement