Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firefox SAML Tracer

Options
  • 29-01-2018 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi All,
    I am not sure if this is the right section but will soon find out.  I am trying to find out how to understand how to break down the Content that shows in the SAML Tracer once a Url has being opened and is displaying in the Browser.
    I have a decent understanding of how IDP, SP and Token's (Assertions) work.  I am also able to see the CSR Content for SSL information in the SAML Tracer.
    What I would like is good tips on how to break it down and understand each process.  I have tried looking for videos and other information on this but have not being able to find anything suitable.
    Any tips would be appreciated.
    Regards
    Colm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭rgodard80a

If you search for the likes of "SAML web flow" there's plenty of sequence diagrams showing the various stages.

Vague process..

1. Unauthenticated user attempts access to a web server resource
    2. Web server redirects the user to the SAML IDP server to login
    3. User logins into IDP, IDP redirects user back to the original web server with associated SAML assertions ( xml tokens )

Advertisement