Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Littlewoods issue

Options
  • 29-01-2018 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

disgraceful company, atrocious customer service and delivery service

Be wary of ordering from littlewoods for delivery in Ireland. The items I ordered were never delivered to me. I was in on the day of deliver and no attempt was made to contact me. The company claim they left the items with a neighbour...I did not give permission for this and now have no idea where the items are. Worse than that...neither do littlewoods!!??
    They delivered the items that I have paid for to someone else but they don't even know where they delivered them to. I have paid for the items and have not received them, I have spoken to 5people in customer service who have been of no help. I have requested a refund and have been refused?!? A disgraceful way to treat customers....take your money, loose your order and walk away!! I also wanted to make a complaint and have been told the only way to do so is by letter to a UK address!? This company don't care about their customers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Write them a formal letter stating that you have not received the goods ordered, and that you are requesting a resolution within 10 working days. If they do not resolve you will initiate a Small Claims Court case.

From their website, on how to make a complaint
    We’re really sorry that you are not happy with our service. If you need to contact us, you can do so via the following channels and we’ll do our very best to put things right;

Call our Customer Service team on 01 811 2222. They are available from 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week.
    If you would prefer to contact us in writing, please click here and complete the webform

Or you can write to us at:
    Littlewoods Ireland
    PO Box 10985
    Dublin 15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

If you want to send someting to the top of the chain :)

Geoff Scully, Shop Direct Ireland Ltd., Cape House, Westend Office Park, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15

(Shop Direct is corporate name for Littlewoods)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭s15r330

Had never used them before, my girlfriend saw a sofa she liked on Google and turned out to be Littlewoods.

It was available so she bought it there and then.

Got an email to say expected delivery would be 6 weeks!!
    Called up customer service only to be told "our online stock doesn't update if something is out of stock".

Cancelled the order, had verbal and email confirmation of the cancellation but the money was taken from the card the day after this confirmation.

Got sorted in the end but needless to say we wouldn't get anything from them again if it was free.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

<SNIP>

It's their problem, they failed to deliver the items to you. If they continue refusing to either refund you or supply the items, tell them you'll be requesting a chargeback from your card provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 galbraij

Thanks All - I called them again and have gotten no further...they day they are still investigating the matter and will not issue a refund until 'their investigation is complete'...it's beyond ridiculous. They've already told me that their delivery company don't have the name or address of where they actually delivered the order - that's if they did at all!!
    For what it's worth, I'm writing letters of complaint to both the Dublin office (thanks for the details CeilingFly) and the UK head office.

I didn't know it was possible to request a chargeback from my card provider?....must look into this

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

galbraij wrote: »
    Thanks All - I called them again and have gotten no further...they day they are still investigating the matter and will not issue a refund until 'their investigation is complete'...it's beyond ridiculous. They've already told me that their delivery company don't have the name or address of where they actually delivered the order - that's if they did at all!!
    For what it's worth, I'm writing letters of complaint to both the Dublin office (thanks for the details CeilingFly) and the UK head office.

I didn't know it was possible to request a chargeback from my card provider?....must look into this

Here you go!
    https://www.ccpc.ie/consumers/shopping/buying-online/if-things-dont-go-as-planned/

Quote that to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,578 ✭✭✭Tow

Littlewoods are a money lender, so are regulated by the Financial Services and Pensions Ombudsman.

This is how you make a formal complaint:
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/consumer_affairs/consumer_protection/consumer_complaints/financial_services_ombudsman.html

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Advertisement