Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air to air heat pump / air conditioner

Options
  • 29-01-2018 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

Hi,

I am looking at installing a heating system in my home at the moment. I live in a small 2 bed townhouse in Dublin - 70m2 approx, built ca.2002. When I moved in a couple of years ago it had storage heaters which did not suit my lifestyle at all. Gas is not available in the estate and I didn't want the hassle of oil so I got rid of the storage heaters and replaced them with on demand electric radiators (Lucht). They're much better than storage heaters for me but are quite expensive as they use day rate electricity.

Somebody mentioned to me the possibility of getting an air to air heat pump. I've done some research and the install costs and running costs look very attractive. However they don't seem to be very popular in Ireland and it's very difficult to hear people's experiences with them. Also there are only one or two installers that I've managed to come across.

If anybody on here has any experience with them I would love to know. Do they heat the place well? How are the running costs? Are maintenance costs significant, etc. etc?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭4Ad

Try the construction/ renewable energy forums..

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭ercork

Thanks - will do.

Advertisement