Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booking Xmas flights with Ryanair and Aer Lingus

Options
  • 29-01-2018 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭

I may need to book flights to travel from Dublin to Glasgow between Christmas and New Year and returning the first week in January. Neither airline is accepting online bookings yet for this period, so does anyone have any idea when these dates will become available to book on their website?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I may need to book flights to travel from Dublin to Glasgow between Christmas and New Year and returning the first week in January. Neither airline is accepting online bookings yet for this period, so does anyone have any idea when these dates will become available to book on their website?

330 days in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Also note Ryanair does not operate until mid morning on the 26th, Aer Lingus operate a full schedule on 26th

• Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Ryanair release schedules around June/July whereas Aer Lingus release most routes 330 days in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Also note Ryanair does not operate until mid morning on the 26th

Same on the 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Thanks all for the replies. Looks like we (family of 4) are out the 29th December and back 7 days later. We have the option of sailing via Larne to Cairnryan with the car, so it depends what kind of prices the airlines and car-hire want to charge - the ferry is around €450

I'd say the Ferry will be cheaper all in than flying and car hire on the other side....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Thanks all for the replies. Looks like we (family of 4) are out the 29th December and back 7 days later. We have the option of sailing via Larne to Cairnryan with the car, so it depends what kind of prices the airlines and car-hire want to charge - the ferry is around €450

I'd say the Ferry will be cheaper all in than flying and car hire on the other side....

But will the ferry go ahead if rough?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

But will the ferry go ahead if rough?
    Usually yes. Better chance of it sailing than getting an ATR down in a high crosswind.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,707 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

You are best waiting until June to book. If they are released before then prices will be much higher (EI particularly) before they are reduced to more normal fares and most major schedule changes are know by around June.

Advertisement