Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arnotts Furniture Issue

Options
  • 29-01-2018 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

In October last I ordered and paid for a 3 & 2 seater sofas from Arnotts Furniture Department. I paid in full for these items and was assured I would "Definitely" have them in time for Christmas. I telephoned them the last week in November to check the delivery date and was advised that my order did not make the shipment container and therefore would not be here in time for Christmas. I had already sold my existing furniture to make way for the new items so was badly stuck 2 weeks before Xmas. They promised to loan me a couple of sofas in the meantime. The sofas that came were disgusting and absolutely stank of greasy foods. Obviously they had been loaned in an apartment or were close to a kitchen. I had to use 3 bottles of Febreze fabric spray to kill the worst of it. Straight after Xmas I went away for a holiday with my daughter and left my husband to deal with the sofa problem. I fully expected to return and see my lovely new furniture. However, my husband was fobbed off again and told they would be here "by the end of the month" (January). It is now the final couple of days of the month and I wrote to Customer Services to inform them of my plight. They got their furniture manager to write to me with a promise that he will investigate further. I am so frustrated and fed up as it has been almost 4 months with nothing but false promises and lies. Wondering if anyone has had a similar experience with them or another company and if you could give me any advice. I don't really want my money back at this stage as those sofas were perfect for my sitting room. However, not prepared to wait any longer - I'll need two lazy boy OAP recliners by the time they turn up!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Diziet

Phone them daily, get the name of the person you speak to (preferably someone in authority) and at the end of every call say very politely you will call them tomorrow for an update. In other words, be a (very polite and reasonable) pest. It works every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭RachelDDD

Diziet wrote: »
    Phone them daily, get the name of the person you speak to (preferably someone in authority) and at the end of every call say very politely you will call them tomorrow for an update. In other words, be a (very polite and reasonable) pest. It works every time.

Thanks Diziet, I was thinking of doing that, or possibly a personal appearance in their shop. I'm so mad right now and feel I have been more than patient with the 4 month wait. The annoying thing is that they are still advertising the same furniture online for purchase, but failing to let customers know there is obviously a major issue with their suppliers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

If I lived that close to a shop that I had an issue like this with I would go in every day and sit on the couch and keep asking to speek to the boss about it. spend your time telling customers your situation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

I posted before about a similar issue i order a 3 seater couch and two chairs from arnotts and when delivered the guy noticed one of the chairs was damaged and didn't even take it off the lorry. But Arnotts insisted I had it for weeks despite the delivery guy even agreeing I didn't. So after various emails and phone calls I went down one lunch time and sat there. I happened to be wearing my work id *this was not deliberate* from a large semi state in the same street. Being lunch time a number of colleagues passed by and enquired as to why I was sitting there.

Upside is I got chair within two days, apology and voucher.

Downside is chair (which is chaise longue type thing) is unbelievably uncomfortable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Diziet wrote: »

That is the correct way to proceed. Make them WANT to help you. (you could also say that the husband is geting ratty and you are bearign the brunt. :) )
    If I lived that close to a shop that I had an issue like this with I would go in every day and sit on the couch and keep asking to speek to the boss about it. spend your time telling customers your situation
    That is the most utterly wrong way to deal with something. The store will do the absolute minimum required and you'll look like a complete and utter tosser.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

I disagree. I literally rang, emailed and wrote politely for an entire month. It was only by phyiscally presenting myself it worked.

Advertisement