Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Estimate on annual fees for a contracting company (ltd)

• 29-01-2018 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭

What are average accountant fees for a one-person ltd IT consultancy where the required accounting services include:

- Setting up the ltd company (first year fee)

- Annual tax return

- Payroll

also it would be good to have a retainer of some sort for general advice through the year.

What sort of fees would I be looking at for those per year?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Less than a grand for normal annual fee (does not include setup). Also to include personal tax advice (proprietary director must file form 11).

Payroll+VAT you can do yourself, it's just the general advice and EoY that you want.

Also make sure accountant can use computer+email (you might be surprised). Location not relevant because of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭St1mpMeister

srsly78 wrote: »
    Less than a grand for normal annual fee (does not include setup). Also to include personal tax advice (proprietary director must file form 11).

Payroll+VAT you can do yourself, it's just the general advice and EoY that you want.

Also make sure accountant can use computer+email (you might be surprised). Location not relevant because of this.

Thanks, so circa €950 / year?

Roughly how much are the fees to get the company setup?

And how long does it typically take?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

I pay e1000/year (ex vat) for eoy prep+general company and personal tax advice.

It's been 10 years since I had to deal with startup procedure so things may have changed. In theory you can do it yourself, but this would be more expensive and take longer. Agents registered with CRO can do it quicker and cheaper (they have access to special online system, we don't). Find one of these agents and get the best price. It cost me e200 and took a few days I seem to remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Don2017

I generally charge around €300 to set up a standard new company. I'll pm about annual costs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭Immy

Cost’s €200 to set up a company.

I think for what you describe you’d be looking at fees for about 1000-1250.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

For a PAYE Contractor your talking €960 to €1080 per year. For an LTD setup, you're looking at €250 to setup + €1680. So €1980 in total for an LTD.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭St1mpMeister

L.Jenkins wrote: »
    For a PAYE Contractor your talking €960 to €1080 per year. For an LTD setup, you're looking at €250 to setup + €1680. So €1980 in total for an LTD.

Wow, ok. Were all the other quotes based on a PAYE contractor?

So €1680 where it's a sole-proprietorship?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

So the first set of numbers I gave you were for a PAYE worker, the second set is for an LTD setup. It would vary slightly from Company to Company however. I worked for an Umbrella Services Company and was a Contractor with another. So I know that even the customer service can also vary.

Advertisement