Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I do Physics for fifth year?

Options
  • 29-01-2018 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'm pretty good at maths (my strongest topic is algebra) and recently I realised I had an interest in Physics, but I'm wonderin is LC Physics hard??? I want to be a Vet when I'm older, I would do Biology but I completely despise the plant section of Biology

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

It doesn't really matter, once you get to college they will tell you to forget it all. Do whatever you find interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 lc2018

Biology is very content heavy subject, most people don’t realise that when they take it for leaving cert. If you like learning a lot of finicky details about every aspect of each part of the body then do it!

Many of my friends who do Physics find the course load to be much lighter and those who are good at maths, really enjoy the subject. It is hard but if you’re good at maths you’ll get it all in the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 dubsli97

It's really not advisable to go into Veterinary without having taken Biology for Leaving Cert... it's not a course requirement but generally speaking those who have not taken it struggle much more with the course than those who have.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Lanig123

Definitely recommend Physics, especially if you have some interest in it now. That interest will only grow the more you learn

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭never_mind

What about Physics and Biology? Chemistry and/or biology would be good for veterinary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 QCS123

Definitely take biology for LC, it gives you the basic foundations for the first and second year physiology and anatomy. If you're interested in physics, take it. The easier subjects and the ones you will do better in are the ones you are interested in.

Advertisement