Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naptime- what to use

Options
  • 29-01-2018 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hi all I have a four month old who is outgrown her bassinet. She sleeps in it for daytime naps- what do people use after that? Bedtime is fine as she goes into her own cot next to me but I don't really want to have to bring her upstairs during the day as she takes a few 30 min naps.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,526 ✭✭✭✭fits

A travelcot?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Becks610

I was thinking about that but she is so heavy - she is in the 98th centile for weight but maybe I just have to use one. The bases are so low on them but I suppose it is no difference to her real cot when she goes in upstairs( ATM she is in a chicco next to me so no real bending).

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭coffeyt

I used a wooden playpen with adjustable base (had it up at top level until they learnt to stand) and it meant they were used to being in playpen for when a little older.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Becks610

Can I ask where you bought this? I looked online and saw a few but it gives no weight limits and my baby is heavy - I just don't want her outgrowing it before she can stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

I always just used the pram for daytime naps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I have a travel cot with a raised base, so there’s no real bending. To be honest, I’d probably get her used to napping upstairs in her proper cot if you’re at home during the day. Her naps will start to stretch before long. My middle guy would never sleep in his cot by day, and as he got older would have been too nosey to go to sleep downstairs. Life would be much easier now if I could walk upstairs when he’d rub his eyes and plonk him in his cot.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭the_sonandmoon

My fella, who is now 18 months, only ever napped in his buggy, once he grew out of his Moses basket. Still does now (apart from his 1 day in creche, when he naps in a cot). It was a godsend in many ways, as it meant I wasn't tied to the house while he napped (up to 3 hours per nap sometimes), and when he started going to family (he has 3 different family members, in 3 different houses, minding him during the week), I just had to pack the buggy for him, which they would need anyway. I didn't have to get, and find a place for, cots everywhere he went in the afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭coffeyt

Becks610 wrote: »
    Can I ask where you bought this? I looked online and saw a few but it gives no weight limits and my baby is heavy - I just don't want her outgrowing it before she can stand.

Hi I did find it quiet difficult to get they seem to be replaced by travel cots but found one in a nursery shop in Tipperary in closing down sale.
    However they can be got second hand online so worth a look. (I sold mine on donedeal last year) I found it great as it helped with support also when they were learning to stand.
    And my youngest had her daytime nap in it until she was 20 months so not exactly light. They are designed to be sturdy and hold a fair amount so I wouldn't worry on that score.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭yogibear77

I have a 4mth old also and am using this in the kitchen at the moment for his daytime naps. We find it great and as you said once he is sitting up we will Use it as a playpen.

https://www.pregnancyandbaby.ie/chicco-lullago-zip-crib-0-18-months/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIje-zibX_2AIVDrXtCh0W4QptEAQYASABEgJgFfD_BwE

Hope the link works as ive never posted on before :confused:

Advertisement