Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlepalooza 2018

Options
  • 29-01-2018 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭

Announced it's first set of acts today:

DUtWGphW4AA9f8P.jpg

Don't know if many on this forum usually go but always a good weekend!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

2 for 1 tickets on sale now! must be struggling!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Where do you see this? Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Where do you see this? Link?

It's on their FB page

Use code 'palooza' on the ticket page for 2-for-1

Thanks lads. I'm gonna go anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Thanks lads. I'm gonna go anyway!

Enjoy! and report back :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Rossdoc81

I'm heading down to this tomorrow and been told the beer situation is weird. The bars close at 10 pm but music runs until 2-3 am. Is this actually right and what do you do for 5 hours - drink warm cans? Also is there a decent selection of beer in there or just Heineken or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

So, how did this work out. Of all the Bank Holiday festivals you have to reckon this one is in the most danger.

I had a great weekend. Paying for it still. Took yesterday off work and even today my stomach is still doing somersaults.

I'd worry myself about CP because apparently attendance was down by a thousand or two from last year even though at night time the place still seemed packed. You could drink until 12. They were so much more strict this year than previous years. Searches were excessive before arrival and we had drink in plastic bottles taken off us when we arrived.

As always (for me at least) the courtyard was the highlight of the weekend. Getting shocking festival withdrawals thinking about Kettama Saturday night that I'm miserable even thinking about it here in work! I just hope to god it comes back next year as the venue is terrific and the location is top notch. Met some good people there too. Hopefully it will? What does the people in here think?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

They are still doing the no outside booze in the campsite thing? It was pretty obvious based on the promotions etc that they were doing that this had sold badly. I don't think it is long for this world given the added competition from ATN on top of an already packed weekend festival wise. One of them has to go and CP is the most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Yeah I agree that Castlepalooza must be the most likely to go under as it has not seemed to sell well any of the past few years and with ATN on the scene it could mean the end. The only people I know who went this year were either playing or got free tickets. Surely they can't be making that much money off it as it is a pretty small festival. It's a shame because it is a nice little festival and good for seeing Irish acts, don't know why it never really seemed to take off.

• Advertisement

Could one not just move weekend you'd think? I know you're missing out on the extra day off but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

It has been on at the start of July before. They reverted back the next year though.

Toast wrote: »
    It has been on at the start of July before. They reverted back the next year though.
    Hopefully they try that route maybe. Really wouldn't like to see it go!

Advertisement