Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rifle Purchase - NI

Options
  • 29-01-2018 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

Looking for a bit of info on buying a rifle from Northern Ireland.

After I've bought the rifle I apply as normal for a licence. I know I need a visitors pass from the PSNI to collect it, does the shop act as my sponsor? Is an EU Firearms Pass required?

And lastly am I liable for any taxes on this side of the border after Ive collected it?, assuming a successfull application!!

Tia lads.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Mississippi.

I traded and bought one in the North a few years ago.
    The dealer in the North works with a dealer here in Donegal and I left my old one with him and collected the new one.
    No hassle about not shopping with him or nothing.
    I have since done a good bit of business with him also.

Can your northern dealer name anyone out here he works with ?

Should be no extra taxes here, just your 3 year licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Rifter

Can your northern dealer name anyone out here he works with ?

Im taking a trip up ti the dealer in the next 2 or 3 weeks, I still havent fully decided on the rifle, so Ill chat to him then!! Im not trading anything in, im paying cash!!

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Wadi14

As already mentioned you can have the NI dealer send the gun to your local dealer, or you can import it yourself once you have it licenced and have it delivered to your door.
    Talk to the guy in the North he will put you right on how he works with imports / exports.

If you want to get an NI visitors pass you need an eu pass and copy of it ,copy of licence, sponsor from NI and 16 pound sterling and it has to go in 6 weeks before for processing.

If your not going to be shooting or traveling through NI on a regular basis I wouldn't be going down that route, waste of time and money.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 aboutblank

Bought a rifle in NI four months ago. I traded in a rifle and bought a new one. When you get the details of the new gun apply for a licence. When the licence arrives you apply for an import permit from the department of justice. I also applied for an export permit for the gun I was trading.
    This should take 10-14 days to arrive.

I didn't bother with the EU firearms pass as your legally allowed to meet at the border if you want to.

NI is still in the EU so no taxes

Advertisement