Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get fibre cable?

Options
  • 29-01-2018 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

Hi guys, 

We signed up to your service at Xmas for our new house and after many issues, technicians not showing up and roughly 6 hours on the phone we finally got broadband installed last week. Having been offered up to 40mbs online I am getting download speeds of 1MB. I have gone through all possibilities with Tech Support who say my current line cant take fibre but there is an exchange and free ports at the end of my road.

Your care department have told me there are free ports and one will be designated for me and that I could get a call in a few weeks to offer me fibre but cant stand by this. I asked if the 3 weeks could become 6 months but they couldnt clarify a timeframe.

I basically have 8 days left in my cooling off period and will have no choice but to cancel my contract if I can only get a download speed of 1MB.

Is there anyway to check this for me?

Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi guys, 

We signed up to your service at Xmas for our new house and after many issues, technicians not showing up and roughly 6 hours on the phone we finally got broadband installed last week. Having been offered up to 40mbs online I am getting download speeds of 1MB. I have gone through all possibilities with Tech Support who say my current line cant take fibre but there is an exchange and free ports at the end of my road.

Your care department have told me there are free ports and one will be designated for me and that I could get a call in a few weeks to offer me fibre but cant stand by this. I asked if the 3 weeks could become 6 months but they couldnt clarify a timeframe.

I basically have 8 days left in my cooling off period and will have no choice but to cancel my contract if I can only get a download speed of 1MB.

Is there anyway to check this for me?

Many thanks
    Hi Paddytheman, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here. 

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your service. Feel free to PM me your account details, full name on the account and I'll look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement