If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

49 Inch UHDTV

Options
  • 29-01-2018 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi,
    I'm looking at getting a 49inch 4K TV. The budget was €550ish and I was pretty set on the LG49UJ670V which looks good value at the price. Just wondering now if it's worth stretching the budget and getting something else. Looking at maybe the Sony KD49XE8004 or Samsung UE49MU6400. Are these TV's worth the extra money in terms of picture quality? Or any other obvious advantages of them. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Btown wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm looking at getting a 49inch 4K TV. The budget was €550ish and I was pretty set on the LG49UJ670V which looks good value at the price. Just wondering now if it's worth stretching the budget and getting something else. Looking at maybe the Sony KD49XE8004 or Samsung UE49MU6400. Are these TV's worth the extra money in terms of picture quality? Or any other obvious advantages of them. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks
    Hi Btown.

The LG 49UJ670 is great value for money and produces a nice picture. Its also been a very popular television.

Jumping up to the Sony 8004 would be a different ball game altogether.
    The 8004 is the first in the range of Sony's that use the Android operating system. It has a higher refresh rate but does retail at 779.00 Euro
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202480-bravia-kd49xe8004.aspx

The 49MU6400 is also a little step up from the LG and again would give a higher refresh rate.
    Its currently priced at 569.00 Euro 
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202502-49uj670v.aspx#tabSpecifications-tab?swapstore=1

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Btown

Hi,
    Sorry I'm only getting back around to this now. Finally good to go on getting something! I set that some of those prices would have changed and may not be in stock. What would you recommend for around the €500 mark for a 49 inch UHD TV?
    Cheers

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi,
    Sorry I'm only getting back around to this now. Finally good to go on getting something! I set that some of those prices would have changed and may not be in stock. What would you recommend for around the €500 mark for a 49 inch UHD TV?
    Cheers
    Hi Btown,

thanks for the post and apologies for the delay getting back to you - the 49UJ670 & 49MU6400 are finished lines for us now - but we do have the LG 49UJ630 at just €459 including shipping and our 6 year warranty:
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202917-400136.aspx?swapstore=1

Keep us posted if the 49UJ630 fits the bill?

Thanks as ever,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks for the response.
    Is there any difference in picture quality between the 630 and 670? Or is just the things like the stands and extra HDMI slots? Do you know how far apart the stands on the 630 are? Could have issues with the size of the table I have, so the centre stand on the 670 was ideal!

Thanks for the response.
    Is there any difference in picture quality between the 630 and 670? Or is just the things like the stands and extra HDMI slots? Do you know how far apart the stands on the 630 are? Could have issues with the size of the table I have, so the centre stand on the 670 was ideal!
    Hey Btown.

The differences are small between the two.

The stand as you have mentioned, the 670 also has 1 extra HDMI input.
    The 670 also has a slightly higher motion processor.

There are only a handful of the 670's left and then they are finished to make way for the new lines to arrive.

• Advertisement

Thanks Kenny. I had taken it from the previous message that there was no 670s left. If there is a few of the 670 left what's the best price you could do including delivery to Dublin? Happy to go ahead and order today if the price is right.
    Thanks

Thanks Kenny. I had taken it from the previous message that there was no 670s left. If there is a few of the 670 left what's the best price you could do including delivery to Dublin? Happy to go ahead and order today if the price is right.
    Thanks
    Hi Btown.

We have a handful left of the 43uj670 and then they are done.

The best price would be the £369.00 which includes our 6 year guarantee free of charge.
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202500-43uj670v.aspx

Thanks. Was hoping to get a 49 inch though. Would you recommend anything around the same price in 49 inch?

Thanks. Was hoping to get a 49 inch though. Would you recommend anything around the same price in 49 inch?
    Hey Btown.

My fault for not properly reading that you where after a 49" and not the 43".

The 49UJ670 is unfortunately now finished.

Is there any other 49 inch TVs that you would recommend around the €500 mark?

• Advertisement

..as above the LG 49UJ630 is available at just €549 including shipping..

If you stretch the budget slightly you can get the Panasonic TX50EX700 at €589 - ( we could tweak that ever so slightly to €575 for you):
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202566-viera-tx50ex700b.aspx

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks John. Was just looking at the website there. How does the Sony Bravia KD49XE7002 compare with the Panasonic? If I'm going to stretch just want to be sure I'm getting the best available!

Btown,

now that's a tough one - and I'll make it even tougher for you as I can do a small BOARDIE deal on the KD49XE7002 for you as well and leave it at the same price as the Panasonic TX50EX700 to €575 :) ..

They are both great TV's TBH, if only the 7002 had Android I'd have no hesitation but by a whisker I'd probably opt for the Pana as I prefer the motion handling and the picture quality ever so slightly over the Sony - plus I do think that the build quality on the EX7 series is superb - but you really can't go wrong with either..

( Not much help I know :D )

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi lads,
    Sent you a Pm there to arrange. Thanks for the help.

Hi lads,
    Sent you a Pm there to arrange. Thanks for the help.
    Cheers Btown.

Will give you a call ASAP :)

Don't see a PM from you Btown :confused:

I think I may have just sent it to John actually. Will send you one there now. Thanks!

I think I may have just sent it to John actually. Will send you one there now. Thanks!
    Cheers Btown.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.