Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I study medicine?

Options
  • 29-01-2018 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Ok so I am doing my hpat next month as I decided a while ago that I'd do it to keep my options open. But, I don't know if medicine is what I should do.. I really enjoy science and I think that medicine would be a very interesting career but I am not the most outgoing person and I'm quite awkward with making conversation etc. as I suffer from social anxiety.. Would this affect me as a doctor? I feel as though I could possibly get over this as I know I'd mainly be dealing with strangers but, what if I don't.. I'm really not sure what career I would like although I know I definitely want to do something in the science/medical field just not quite sure what exactly..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

You are not just talking one to one as a doctor, you will be presenting cases to your consultants team and talking to lots of healthcare professionals. Your course will give you practice in that though so if you really want to do medicine go for it. Other allied health professions with slightly less pressure are Pharmacy, optician, Physio, occupational therapist, radiographer, medical laboratory staff.

Advertisement