Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget Build

Options
  • 29-01-2018 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

Posting this for a friend, Needs everything except Windows. I wouldn't be the greatest at speccing a budget build. Not sure what low end parts are value for money. Now I seen a second hand complete rig with 4670k + 290 + fully custom loop within budget. Watercooling aside I'm not sure can that combo be beaten new within budget?

1. What is your budget? €600-700

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming/Video editing] Browsing, storage and possibly some light gaming

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [No]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [No]

5. Do you need a monitor? [Yes]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Keyboard and mouse]

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [Yes]

8. How can you pay? [Paypal/Debit card]

9. When are you purchasing? [Within the next 2 weeks, unless it's better to wait]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

That pc will not be beaten in that budget. Graphics card isn't the best but will do for awhile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I wouldn't say an R9 290 is 'not the best'. It'd be around the same as a GTX1060 3GB or RX570 which are now €300+ cards. Good for most new games at high/ultra still. If you're getting an R9 290 + 4670K with watercooling for €600 I'd say you're doing well enough.

Now, the other thing is that you mentioned 'possibly' some light gaming. If gaming is not really an issue, then it's bad value for you. 700 new would buy you a new AMD ryzen hex-core build with DDR4 ram and a more basic graphics card for the same money - full warranty, etc.

With a budget of 700 and a use that leans more towards general use with only the possability of a bit of light gaming, I'd build new. Better platform, better longevity, warranty, etc.

Or else just buy a 2nd hand 4th gen i5/8GB based PC off Ebay for €250 and add a GTX1050Ti for €150. Total cost around €400 and more than capable of playing all the latest games well enough if required.

Advertisement