Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISS tonight?

Options
  • 29-01-2018 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭

Was driving to the shops sometime between 18.15-18.40 this evening and my daughter noticed a 'bright plane' in the sky, south east direction. It was too bright and moving too fast for a plane. Also disappeared between half and 3/4 way across sky. I presumed ISS but didnt seem as fast as the passes i watched before. Another satellite perhaps? I tried looking up on line but could get accurate passes for that time.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Was driving to the shops sometime between 18.15-18.40 this evening and my daughter noticed a 'bright plane' in the sky, south east direction. It was too bright and moving too fast for a plane. Also disappeared between half and 3/4 way across sky. I presumed ISS but didnt seem as fast as the passes i watched before. Another satellite perhaps? I tried looking up on line but could get accurate passes for that time.
    Thanks

Yes, the ISS was visible in or around that time over the Dublin area this evening. Nice one, haven't seen it in a while myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

http://www.heavens-above.com/PassSummary.aspx?satid=25544&lat=53.3855&lng=-6.065&loc=Buffcrest%2c+St+Lawrence+Rd%2c+Howth%2c+Dublin%2c+Ireland&alt=23&tz=GMT

Click the back arrow [show previous search period] which is right of this text block

Search period start: 20 January 2018 00:00
    Search period end: 30 January 2018 00:00

to get
    29 Jan -2.2 18:27:54 10° SSW 18:30:30 22° SSE 18:31:40 18° ESE visible

Advertisement