Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Terenure v Michael's

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

That was a piss poor fight

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Richmond Ultra

Imagine that was LOI soccer, the tabloids would be bursting with articles in the morning, this might make page 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

That was probably the gayest kick in history from the lad in the pink shirt.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I really struggle to understand why anyone who isn't still in school gives a sh*te about schools rugby. You don't see grown men discussing how their old school's soccer or Gaelic football team is doing, and yet they care about the rugby team. It's a bit bloody weird tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭nails1

Apparently Fionn brushed off Saoirse’s leg in the pub and Ronan wasn’t very happy. It all kicked off from there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,462 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Zaph wrote: »
    I really struggle to understand why anyone who isn't still in school gives a sh*te about schools rugby. You don't see grown men discussing how their old school's soccer or Gaelic football team is doing, and yet they care about the rugby team. It's a bit bloody weird tbh.

It's a protestant thing.

Cricket gets a similar following I imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

nails1 wrote: »
    Apparently Fionn brushed off Saoirse’s leg in the pub and Ronan wasn’t very happy. It all kicked off from there.

No. That’s not what happened. Faolain overheard Harry alleging that Tara slept with Cristoir behind the Marquee at Oisins parents silver wedding party.
    Faolains sick of them trashing his sister.
    It’s just not on.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

kneemos wrote: »
    It's a protestant thing.

It's not just a protestant thing, both schools in the video were founded by Catholic religious congregations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,247 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

You'd see more violence in the offie in Tesco Cabra of a Mickey Money Day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

It's a protestant thing.

Not at all. All the best rugby playing schools in the Republic are Catholic schools.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

The auld Gaah always had better scraps in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Outside Kielys and all, it's like something from a Ross O' Caroll Kelly book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Imagine that was LOI soccer, the tabloids would be bursting with articles in the morning, this might make page 10.

If that was the case thered be articles in the papers every week during the season, yet there isnt........

How apt that the rabble have a donnybrook in Donnybrook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

nails1 wrote: »

OMG,Sneachta will loike totally not be happy when he hears what happened Saoirse #lolocaust

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Richmond ultra is a great username btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Halle Hallowed Xenophobia

splinter65 wrote: »
    No. That’s not what happened. Faolain overheard Harry alleging that Tara slept with Cristoir behind the Marquee at Oisins parents silver wedding party.
    Faolains sick of them trashing his sister.
    It’s just not on.

Was Tarquin involved in this, he hasn't been the same since the increase in price of caviar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Love the woman shouting 'cut it out!'

You really need the 'leave ir bleedin ou' woman for times like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Was Tarquin involved in this, he hasn't been the same since the increase in price of caviar

....in fairness it wasn’t the caviar it was the failure of his stepfathers European PA to get good Brie for the picnic he organized for the Swedish au pair’s Birthday.
    He’d told all the guys that the Brie and the Bollinger would guarantee he’d be balls deep before bedtime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Bookmarked for the next time someone says soccer fans are thugs and rugby is the real gentlemens' game.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Apparently "Sweeney is a bitch,a bitch and a half" and some woman screams "pull him off".

What kind of fights are these rugby chaps having?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Somebody didn't make the Senior Schools Squad. Once you're a Goy, you're a Goy 4 Loyfe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

PandaPoo wrote: »

That's a direct southside Vs Northside difference there.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

League of Ireland violence isn't a weekly occurrence by any stretch of the imagination! It's just not!

Even Bohs vs Rovers isn't half as bad as it's made out to be. Yes the atmosphere is fierce but when it does "kick off" it's mostly just a few idiots pavement dancing and bouncing on the spot terrified to get in close quarters with each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭mojesius

Totes gas loike. Donnybrook looked like focking Beirut that night. Good thing those gonzaga arsewoipes didn't show up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,810 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

That was probably the gayest kick in history from the lad in the pink shirt.

Did I see him swing off a signpost and use his arse to hit the other fella?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,937 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

PandaPoo wrote: »

The "fight" reminded me of...better fight tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

"A bitch and a half"
    such a piss poor insult it's actually good.....I'm going to use that one today!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Generation A sends Generation B to same school, ad infinitum. Social snobbery, elitism, ensue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,462 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Bookmarked for the next time someone says soccer fans are thugs and rugby is the real gentlemens' game.

Not sure I'd use that video.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Still better than boxing events where people get shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,666 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Because soccer is club based in this country as is Gaelic. Rugby in Ireland is schools based and lots of clubs are follow on from the schools, Rock, Marys, Nure etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

ted1 wrote: »
    Because soccer is club based in this country as is Gaelic. Rugby in Ireland is schools based and lots of clubs are follow on from the schools, Rock, Marys, Nure etc

you mean rugby in leinster surely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Linky no work anymore
    Bet I didn't miss anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,666 ✭✭✭✭ted1

you mean rugby in leinster surely.
    Well we are talking about the Leinster Senior Cup ;) what happens outside Leinster is of little interest to me ;)

• Advertisement

Well we are talking about the Leinster Senior Cup ;) what happens outside Leinster is of little interest to me ;)

fair point, well made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Not even a bit of a "Donnybrook"

A "fight" shouldnt involve balloons and a chap in a pink shirt swinging of a sign.

Very poor fare.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭aidoh

biko wrote: »
    Linky no work anymore
    Bet I didn't miss anything

Just a bunch of coked up, soon-to-be-barrister ape men having handbags with each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Ah they do. Anyone who played GAA or soccer in their teens are still often interested in how their former team are doing.

As mentioned above, the primary feeder into the adult and professional teams are the school rugby teams. So in the same way that a GAA enthusiast will watch Ballymun Kickhams for the next Dean Rock, a rugby enthusiast will keep an eye on the Blackrock Senior team for the kids who will be the next Brian whatshisface.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

A bit of violence never hurt anybody.
    Toughens them up and teaches them a thing or two about the world.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

The past pupils of Terenure College seem to be well used to a bit of violence and toughening up. Not sure it did them any good though.

https://villagemagazine.ie/index.php/2017/12/terror-nure/

sugarman wrote: »
    Except the hundreds of people that have been killed with a single punch, kick or fall

or the lad kicked to death outside a teenage disco. a few slaps did him no harm at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,325 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,270 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Remember this?

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/30-seconds-of-madness-that-led-to-brian-murphys-death-26018702.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Recalibrate sarcasm detectors folks, i reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

100% correct and it'd be "pride and passion" if it was the GAA. Joe would be all over it for a week if it was Rovers v Bohs related.
    It's a protestant thing.

We'll it's not a 'Protestant thing' with those two schools. Also, never seen or heard agro at a cricket game. People are too concerned with drinking tea and eating cake or some nice sandwiches. Played hockey for years and it was always good-natured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Tabnabs wrote: »
    The past pupils of Terenure College seem to be well used to a bit of violence and toughening up. Not sure it did them any good though.

https://villagemagazine.ie/index.php/2017/12/terror-nure/

If only i had of known about some of this when i went to school there 15 or so years ago!. Would of had plenty to say when they where giving me ****e!

Id never send me kids to any private school full of ****e the lot of them.

At the time me ma and da where just trying to give us best they could barely afford but god i wish i could turn back time and refuse to let them pay it now!

The current principal and he was there when i was there whos mentioned in the article was an absolute **** of the highest order wouldn't be surprised what half of them in there ''dresses'' do be getting up to.

As for the students :pac: Those fights around rugby season always went on i was involved in one or two meself and i couldn't give a ****e about rugby.

Funny thing was at the time i was there you got a mixture of fellas from all around the place even Tallaght etc so it wasnt always the stereotype posh lads. Doubt theres many now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

And these guys go on to run companies.

Bunch of lads working near me on the floor. Probably the same crowd who would be fighting at schools rugby matches. They start slapping the tables when it's someone's birthday, like 10 year olds. Twats.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Odhinn

seachto7 wrote: »
    And these guys go on to run companies.

Bunch of lads working near me on the floor. Probably the same crowd who would be fighting at schools rugby matches. They start slapping the tables when it's someone's birthday, like 10 year olds. Twats.

That has the whiff of rugger buggery to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Only a bit of high jinks chaps, no harm done.

No need to inform the local Constabulary either, they've enough on their hands dealing with crime in the tenements.

• Advertisement
Advertisement