Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guys I'm really high right now

• 30-01-2018 1:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Need a bit of help, took a few too many puffs of a joint and freaking out. Any help welcome

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I'm a bit high myself. 6'5".

Put on some relaxing music and remember that you'll feel grand again in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Redderthanever

Put on some relaxing music and remember that you'll feel grand again in a while.
    thanks, really appreciate it, feel stupid because I know I'm logically too high but still freaking out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Klinkhammer

Think about the little things you did wrong over the last couple of weeks and how they might blow up to become life changing events.

Or drink something with lots of sugar and you'll be grand in 20 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,216 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

thanks, really appreciate it, feel stupid because I know I'm logically too high but still freaking out.

Excellent punctuation and sentence structure for someone high. Congrats.

• Advertisement

Are the thoughs I'm having real in the sense that they were always there and just unlocked by the weed, or did the weed create these thoughts in the first place??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

If you can still type coherently then you're not too high. Take another toke of that fat dooby, brrrrrother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,106 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

It's a good job you were able to register, or reregister, who knows, a new account here though. Great effort in your current state.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Noveight wrote: »
    If you can still type coherently then you're not too high. Take another toke of that fat dooby, brrrrrother.
    you're right, still coherent but going too much into my own thoughts. Can't believe I started a post about this, so high. Am I more enlightened when I'm this high, 'unblocking some sort of unconscious knowledge' or are these thoughts artificially created??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

Need a bit of help, took a few too many puffs of a joint and freaking out. Any help welcome

If you are so high you can see for miles around then someone has dosed your puff with acid. My advice..... pucker up :D

• Advertisement

Excellent punctuation and sentence structure for someone high. Congrats.

I've posted online asking for help in the depths of a very uncomfortable time on mushrooms.. It likely took an hour to get the punctuation right, but I managed it, and it helped, mostly because it gave me something to focus on.

Weed doesn't agree with me at all anymore, and I can remember that exact feeling when you start to feel better again. OP needs to remember that that feeling is coming soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,318 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Don't ever come down. Sky Boy!
    Come up like a fvckin Sky Boy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Edgarfrndly

You're just having some anxiety, dip your face under a sink of cold water and have a cup of tea. It'll subside soon. Don't worry. It's normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭JenovaProject

Im learning to fly,but I aint got wings
    Coming down,is the hardest thing

Be afraid OP,very afraid.:D

I've posted online asking for help in the depths of a very uncomfortable time on mushrooms.. It likely took an hour to get the punctuation right, but I managed it, and it helped, mostly because it gave me something to focus on.

Weed doesn't agree with me at all anymore, and I can remember that exact feeling when you start to feel better again. OP needs to remember that that feeling is coming soon.
    thanks, really appreciate the response. It's wearing off a bit now but f me that was scary for a while. What were those thoughts though, were they feelings I was also feeling but repressing or did the weed create that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭Liamalone

They're coming for you! Lock all doors and hide in the fridge.

Thanks, Reading you say that made me feel so much bester.
    Really appreciate it.
    You're just having some anxiety, dip your face under a sink of cold water and have a cup of tea. It'll subside soon. Don't worry. It's normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

Go to youtube. Play "tomorrow never knows" by The Beatles on repeat...and surf your way to the shore!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

Homer: Well, good night, son.
    Bart: Um, Dad?
    Homer: Huh?
    Bart: What is "the mind"? Is it just a system of impulses or is it...something tangible?
    Homer: Relax. What is mind? No matter. What is matter? Never mind. [laughs]
    Bart: Thanks, Dad
    Homer: Good night, son.

Lucy8080 wrote: »
    Go to youtube. Play "tomorrow never comes" by The Beatles on repeat...and surf your way to the shore!

Yellow submarine might be better, singing along might ease the nervous tension.

• Advertisement

Just wany to say thanks to everyone for not making fun of for being too high, so scary there for a while and appreciate all of the answers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Watch out for the hands OP :pac:

Found a massive bar of Malteser bubble chocolate and milling into it now. Think things are going to be A. O. K

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,106 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Scary half hour there, glad we all got through.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Think I'm coming out the other side. Has anyone else experienced this?? Is it a particular strain of weed or something I can avoid in future??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

Found a massive bar of Malteser bubble chocolate and milling into it now. Think things are going to be A. O. K

I love happy endings. Was touch n go there for a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Edgarfrndly

Think I'm coming out the other side. Has anyone else experienced this?? Is it a particular strain of weed or something I can avoid in future??

Yes, I quit hash in my teens because of it. Probably high THC content, low CBD content. It just induced anxiety for me to the point of panic attacks. It's not for everyone.

Honestly, I'd quit smoking.

But don't worry tonight, you'll be ok. Listen to this www.rainymood.com and it will relax you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Lemmie guess - you've been here before many times?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Smoke weeeeeeeeeeed dude, 420 maaaaan, fuuuuuuuuuuck

• Advertisement

Can someone pm me if they want to chat about that experience further, have loads of questions that I'd love someone to help answer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

CBS oil can counteract THC induced paranoia. Also chewing on pepper corns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

Time to move onto more extreme things

FanadMan wrote: »
    Lemmie guess - you've been here before many times?
    high and paranoid? It really depends on every joint but yeah sometimes before. Never this clarity and intensity though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

peppercorns actually help, and fresh lime juice. Ibuprofen also works.

its good to stay focused on breathing and trying to not think about anything, drink some water and listen to chilled music while laying down

OK thanks all. Going to sign off now. Sent a message to my ex in a haze of being high, I'm going to feel so embarrassed tomorrow, have the fear already l. Don't think I should ever smoke again after this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,615 ✭✭✭worded

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,615 ✭✭✭worded

Take a shower or bath. Some sugar and liquids etc

Give this a read

https://m.wikihow.com/Come-Down-from-a-High

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

You don't get 'high' of a joint, you get stoned. There's a noticeable difference! Do some research :)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

You don't get 'high' of a joint, you get stoned. Do some research :)

I guess these guys are wrong then https://hightimes.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

You don't get 'high' of a joint, you get stoned. Do some research :)

I guess these guys are wrong then https://hightimes.com/
    Well, put it this way: do prople with medical conditions consume marijuana to ease pain or to get high?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

OK thanks all. Going to sign off now. Sent a message to my ex in a haze of being high, I'm going to feel so embarrassed tomorrow, have the fear already l. Don't think I should ever smoke again after this.

You really need to stop doing drugs or alternatively stop standing on high chairs.
    I reckon the first applies in this case though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

How are you feeling this morning op? Do you have a stoneover? :/:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Im learning to fly,but I aint got wings
    Coming down,is the hardest thing

Be afraid OP,very afraid.:D

Don't be so petty, there's nothing to fear except fear itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭Dizraeligears

It's known in the trade as a Whitey!
    And for all the smartarse comments (it is After Hours!) it can be very unpleasant for a bit.Like turbulence,a bit of huffin and puffin for a while.
    Extreme cannabis overindulgence can lead to psychosis.An increasing problem with the higher strength strains you can get these days.
    And I can't help but say it,but.....
    Drugs are bad,m'kay?(smartarse comment)
    Hope you're feeling better Op,you just gave yourself a bit of a scutching

Lorelli! wrote: »
    How are you feeling this morning op? Do you have a stoneover? :/:D
    Feeling a bit sheepish but definitely have a new respect for the power of weed.. Going to tread lightly in the future! Think with any drug, be it alcohol, weed or whatever, I think it just heightens and intensifies whatever you have going on mentally in your life. Once again, can't thank everyone enough for their calming answers when I was in the depths of it! This is what makes boards.ie great x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

Anyone smoking weed after about the age of 22 is a loser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

I quit it for this very reason about 8 years ago. I smoked skunk and was so bad I ended up face down on the wet pavement outside my house begging god to set me free from the bad trip. I also barricaded my bedroom door for the night. My heart was going 90 all night and hundreds of thoughts whirling around my head at once. Never again which is a pity because I used to like cannabis and weed until I had skunk

Anyone smoking weed after about the age of 22 is a loser.
    Quite a sweeping statement there; some of those most creative minds in history have used weed to relax, help with creativity etc. Do you put people who drink alcohol after age 22 in the same category?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,680 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Lucy8080 wrote: »
    Go to youtube. Play "tomorrow never knows" by The Beatles on repeat...and surf your way to the shore!

And then Piper at the Gates of Dawn by The Pink Floyd.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Quite a sweeping statement there; some of those most creative minds in history have used weed to relax, help with creativity etc. Do you put people who drink alcohol after age 22 in the same category?

You do realise that the creative minds may have smoked weed with a thc level of 3%, as against the skunk you consumed which may have been as high as 25% thc?

A comparable difference of consumption being, as you know ;), a can of beer to a naggin of whiskey :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement