Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International cheque - Funds available immediately

Options
  • 30-01-2018 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I lodged an Australian government cheque on Friday and the funds were available straight away. I used some of the funds, but I am a little worried that it was a mistake, as it says here it takes 4 weeks to clear?

Will BOI overdraw my account now?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

flushje wrote: »
    Hello,

I lodged an Australian government cheque on Friday and the funds were available straight away. I used some of the funds, but I am a little worried that it was a mistake, as it says here it takes 4 weeks to clear?

Will BOI overdraw my account now?

Hi flushje,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

As this was a government cheque we find that these can usually clear on your account straight away. However we would advise you to send your query on the Ask a Question option on the Service Desk when logged into 365 Online and an advisor can confirm this cheque lodgement cleared for you already and whether any overlimit charges will be applied or not.

Please let us know if we can help with any other query.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement