Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaslight Anthem - 10th Anniversary of the 59 Sound

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 CantonaGod

A few standing tickets are available on Ticketmaster today...picked up one earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Tickets back on sale .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭JaMarcus

Picked up seating tickets, thanks for the heads up.

Is this just a general gig, or are they playing 59 Sound only?

Also, where did those 10 years go :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

JaMarcus wrote: »
    Picked up seating tickets, thanks for the heads up.

Is this just a general gig, or are they playing 59 Sound only?

Also, where did those 10 years go :(

Saw setlists on Twitter from the first couple of anniversary shows. They're playing the full 59 Sound album in order, with 4 or 5 other songs before and after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭briancarr82

is there seating for this? never in vicar street, what's the balcony like?

• Advertisement

Just listening to the album again, it really is one of the best albums I've ever heard. Can't wait for this gig.

The Patient Ferris Wheel really is an absolute belter of a tune.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Just notice my tickets are balcony standing , is it easy just walk into the standing area downstairs?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Just notice my tickets are balcony standing , is it easy just walk into the standing area downstairs?

Theoretically yes, really depends on how full the downstairs is, they seem to be more strict just before the main act comes on. Of course if you happen to know 2 people with standing tickets..........

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Theoretically yes, really depends on how full the downstairs is, they seem to be more strict just before the main act comes on. Of course if you happen to know 2 people with standing tickets..........

So get in a good bit before they come on just to be safe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Not sure if it was already been said but Dave Hause and Matthew Ryan are support on the night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

lc180 wrote: »
    Not sure if it was already been said but Dave Hause and Matthew Ryan are support on the night.
    I thought it was the Flatliners and matt ryan

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I thought it was the Flatliners and matt ryan

Flatliners cancelled the tour, Hause is the far superior replacement imo.......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Heads-up - the time on the tickets is wrong. Doors are at 7pm, not 8.

7:30 - Matt Ryan
    8:10 - Dave Hause
    9:15 - Gaslight Anthem

Can't wait!

Short notice, but 2 free tickets for whoever can pick them up in Sandyford. I can't go now.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭GuitarTown

Two free pdf tickets on the off chance anyone still needs very last minute ones. Raging I can't go

• Registered Users Posts: 49 CantonaGod

Supreme tight set. All killer no filler ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭steve_r

Yeah quality. Thought the atmosphere was great and they got an amazing reception.

The 59 sound playthrough was brilliant, really tight and loads of energy. Crowd knew all the words also.

Felt the momentum dipped a bit after that. His stage chat has never been great and no mad love personally for the songs they played from Get hurt. Overall great gig though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Good gig. 59 Sound was great as expected. a few odd song choices from the others they played, would have like Blue Jeans and White T-Shirts, Queen Of Lower Chelsea, We Came To Dance which they played over the previous 2 gigs, or a couple more from Sink or Swim. still great though, 4 songs before the album, and 9 after was great value!

Big fan of Brian telling the crowd to stop clapping, one of my pet hates at gigs, how music fans can't clap in time is beyond me.

I think I lost about a stone through sweating too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭MojoRisinnnn

The lad shouting 'Up the Ra' right before they started playing the album was absolutely perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Great gig as per usual. Thought it was going to be a bare minimum type gig with them blasting through the songs with minimal interaction but it livened up a bit after they played the album.

Really enjoyed the set list. I actually seem to be one of the minority who enjoys Get Hurt so it was nice to hear a few tracks from that. Halloween is one of my favorite songs in general so great to hear that too, same goes for Howl.

Only real complaints I’d have were the lack of songs from Sink or Swim, although that’s to be expected at a Gaslight gig these days, and Keepsake so close to the end of the set list, it’s a great song but really killed the atmosphere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭steve_r

Keepsake is a great song, but yeah, wrong timing in the setlist. Thought it was a great version though!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Yeah was a good version. Also enjoyed the messed up version of National Anthem, works much better with the 2nd and 3rd verses switched.

Advertisement