Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mac Mini Very Slow

Options
  • 30-01-2018 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks

Bought a Mac Mini 2014 some months ago, recently. Its running very very slow

Even when trying to change users it takes a while, also when opening applications, it takes an age.

Chrome takes an age...

I upgraded the RAM and its still very slow..

I have Windows 10 installed via Bootcamp Assistant.

I am going to do virus scan, and see if the Bluetooth Keyboard may be causing a prob.

Any advice?

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

It's either a hardware problem, or a Windows problem.

To isolate whether it's a hardware problem, suggest you boot into Mac OS to see how it's working. Possible hardware problem could be the thermal paste between CPU and heat sink has dried out, inhibiting heat dissipation (however at that age, should be unlikely)

If it's not a hardware problem, then it's a Windows problem. The usual suggestions: virus scan (as you say), malwarebytes, ccleaner etc. Clear out your startup items

• Registered Users Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

so, removed the Boot Camp drive, no more windows, do a few scans,couple things found.

Also replaced batteries in keyboard.

Seems to be ok now, but will double check.

DT

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 aidpears

It is quite old machine, I am not surprised

Advertisement