Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inse Bay laytown area

Options
  • 30-01-2018 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi looking to move to from Dublin and looking for info about the area? We have 4 kids from 10 to 1. What’s the area like commute, schools, doctors, utility providers everything?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Stephen Gawking

Used to live there, nice quiet estate. Well maintained. There's a Tesco in Bettystown, post office in Laytown village beside Gilnas (pub). Commute is on average between 45mins to little over an hour give or take.

Bus Eireann only goes to Drogheda so buses to Dublin are with Matthews coaches which in my experience were hit & miss. The train is very frequent but I'd recommend a taxsaver ticket. There's limited free parking across the train.

Primary schools are well represented in the vicinity but not so sure about secondary as I only knew of one. Some playgrounds about for younger kids & plenty of sports teams for kids & grown ups too. I think it's a good place to live.

Advertisement