Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lent 2018

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Kurt.Godel wrote: »
    Name|What you are giving up|What you are adding|days/45 lasted
    shotgunmcos|biscuits, chocolate, jam|run & stretch everyday|
    Kurt.Godel|Wine; "run" "bike" "swim" words in log|swim at least 30min per day|1/45
    mossym|sweets, chocolate, desserts|20 mins core work a day|
    tunney|alcohol|Run everyday|
    pgibbo|sweets,chocolate & crisps|mobility and maintenance|
    El Director|sweets,chocolate & crisps|mobility and maintenance|
    EC1000|sweets,chocolate & crisps|Core and stretching|
    Neady83|chocolate|30mins of run, yoga, bike, hike or S&C every day & get back logging|
    Carbonceiling|crisps|shoulder rehab work|
    |||

I used "swim" without realising! Ah well, I'll still try for the rest anyway :D
    Maybe stick in another column for /45 given up and /45 taken up since we all set out a goal of both

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

shotgunmcos|biscuits, chocolate, jam|run & stretch everyday|
    Kurt.Godel|Wine; "run" "bike" "swim" words in log|swim at least 30min per day|1/45
    tunney|alcohol|Run everyday|0/45 0/45
    Neady83|chocolate|30mins of run, yoga, bike, hike or S&C every day & get back logging|
    |||

Nearly a week in and ok. Biscuits and chocolate: no major cravings. I did have a bag of fruit pastilles at the cinema at the weekend. I don't usually eat sweets but yuk. Wont do it again. Not a worthwhile alternative.

The run streak are simple 5-6km easy only but 5 days done. My longest run streak in years :-)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

i do the give up every year so no issues there.

the core work is tougher, not done any planks in a while and the flight back from boston last week wasn't made any easier with my abs in bits...still going though...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Neady83

Is there any leeway given for someone who might have accidentally ate a jaffa cake 10 hours and 70km into a race? This hypothetical person refused chocolate all day and might have nobbled a jaffa cake in Glenmalure, not thinking about the chocolate on top and only remembered this morning that they might have had chocolate :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭El Director

Neady83 wrote: »
    Is there any leeway given for someone who might have accidentally ate a jaffa cake 10 hours and 70km into a race? This hypothetical person refused chocolate all day and might have nobbled a jaffa cake in Glenmalure, not thinking about the chocolate on top and only remembered this morning that they might have had chocolate :(

I guess that's the OP's call but if I were him I'd say that you definitely get a pass!!

Well done btw and looking forward to reading a report!

Neady83 wrote: »

Ah Kcals during a session don't really count. Small slip ups in a long session grand. Planning to eat chocolate during a session though...NO!

shotgunmcos|biscuits, chocolate, jam|run & stretch everyday| still ok 9/45
    |||

The run everyday ended at day 9. Pesky kids! Reason in the log in a minute

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭El Director

|||

The maintenance and mobility work was supposed to be each day, that lasted 7 I believe. The crisp ban lasted just over two weeks. Still going strong on the chocolate and sweets :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Roll on Easter Sunday - crisps and chocolate. Can't wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Neady83

Neady83|chocolate|30mins of run, yoga, bike, hike or S&C every day & get back logging|22/45 on the 30mins of something every day
    |||

On holidays in Italy last week and with all the sight seeing in Rome, managed to walk miles & miles every day but didn't fit in the 30mins of run, yoga, bike, hike or S&C every day.

Holding strong on the chocolate front though even avoiding chocolate gelato for a week on holidays. There's a giant Cadbury fruit & nut egg waiting to be devoured by me on Easter Sunday.

shotgunmcos|biscuits, chocolate, jam|run & stretch everyday| 9/45 for the run everyday 33/45 for jam.
    Neady83|chocolate|30mins of run, yoga, bike, hike or S&C every day & get back logging|22/45 on the 30mins of something every day
    |||

Roll on next Sunday... so much chocolate in the press. Lindt bunny for breakfast mmm mmm

Advertisement