Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New house build

Options
  • 30-01-2018 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I'm in the process of building a house in the country (3 miles from a town) but in an area that is currently being connected for Fibre by the KN Group (also confirmed on Eir Fibre Map).

It is approximately 100m from the house to the gate, am I needing to lay a specific cable/conduit for this or just a draw wire/conduit for your technicians to pull your own cable??? If I need to lay the cable, what kind (cat 5?) do I need to use?

Any assistance would be great, I've tried using your chat but I think I left the operator a bit confused.

I'm currently a Fibre customer so will hopefully be transfering to new house in 6 months when house is complete. It  would be nice to have everything in situ for the technical team though.

Thanking you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi there,

I'm in the process of building a house in the country (3 miles from a town) but in an area that is currently being connected for Fibre by the KN Group (also confirmed on Eir Fibre Map).

It is approximately 100m from the house to the gate, am I needing to lay a specific cable/conduit for this or just a draw wire/conduit for your technicians to pull your own cable??? If I need to lay the cable, what kind (cat 5?) do I need to use?

Any assistance would be great, I've tried using your chat but I think I left the operator a bit confused.

I'm currently a Fibre customer so will hopefully be transfering to new house in 6 months when house is complete. It  would be nice to have everything in situ for the technical team though.

Thanking you.
    Hi happyoutscan, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us. 

Does the house have any eir infrastructure in place at present? 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Hi there,

Thanking you.
    Hi happyoutscan, 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey,

Nothing at all, it is a new build.

Hi there,

Thanking you.
    Hi happyoutscan, 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey,

Ok no problem, as it's a new build with no infrastructure in place we would be unable to advise on this I'm afraid. 

Once the work has been done an order will need to be processed by us and a technician will call out and carry out a site survey within 10 working days. They will determine what cabling or work is required at this point and advise you on all. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Hi there,

Thanking you.
    Hi happyoutscan, 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey,

Ok no problem, as it's a new build with no infrastructure in place we would be unable to advise on this I'm afraid. 

Once the work has been done an order will need to be processed by us and a technician will call out and carry out a site survey within 10 working days. They will determine what cabling or work is required at this point and advise you on all. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Tracey, I'm in the process of doing ground works now and laying the necessary pipes/cables etc. Are you telling me that you expect me to dig up my property again in 6 months time?

Hi there,

Thanking you.
    Hi happyoutscan, 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey,

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Tracey, I'm in the process of doing ground works now and laying the necessary pipes/cables etc. Are you telling me that you expect me to dig up my property again in 6 months time?
    Apologies for the confusion here. 

You would need to contact our plant alterations team, all details are on this link - https://www.eir.ie/support/landline/building-or-altering-your-home/

They will advise you on all and arrange a site survey. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Advertisement

Hi there,

Thanking you.
    Hi happyoutscan, 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey,

Thanks 

Tracey 

You would need to contact our plant alterations team, all details are on this link - https://www.eir.ie/support/landline/building-or-altering-your-home/

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Thanks for that Tracey, much appreciated.

Hi there,

Thanking you.
    Hi happyoutscan, 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey,

Thanks 

Tracey 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Thanks for that Tracey, much appreciated.
    No problem at all, apologies again for the confusion. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

Hi there,

Thanking you.

Here are the recommendations from Openeir for installation of ducting.

http://fibrerollout.ie/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Ducting-Guidelines.pdf

Advertisement