Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Thread 4.0

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I was more into the hardcore acid trance techo myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,723 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

sydthebeat wrote: »

Jesus, I thought .ak was back posting when I first read that.

Jesus, I thought .ak was back posting when I first read that.

Cant beat a bit of Rowland the ba$tard.. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Recommendations for a good place for a lunch before the game? (I realise I may have left it late to book somewhere but f*ck it)

Most of the places on my list to go are dinner only places, unfortunately...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Recommendations for a good place for a lunch before the game? (I realise I may have left it late to book somewhere but f*ck it)

Centra....Chicken fillet roll, bag of cheese and onion and a can of coke...You're good to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Roly's

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

Mulligans. .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

There’s are some 93-96 hard trance mixes up on my mixcloud with acid techno tracks on them.

stephen_n wrote: »
    There’s are some 93-96 hard trance mixes up on my mixcloud with acid techno tracks on them.

I'll have a sneaky listen later, cheers :)

Nice work on the house mix

I'll have a sneaky listen later, cheers :)

Nice work on the house mix

Tranceformed and Trancelation would be the ones to listen to.

• Advertisement

mfceiling wrote: »
    Centra....Chicken fillet roll, bag of cheese and onion and a can of coke...You're good to go.

Sorted.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Angelina's

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

I used to have a lot of respect for you, even if you are a Highlanders fan. But then you post this!!
    :D

I actually have no idea what that is. Is it a genre of music?

dregin wrote: »
    Angelina's

Jaysus. Prices one some of that stuff. Bang of hipster off it too.

Table for four please.

Table for four please.

Jesus I didn't think it was too badly priced!! Went for dinner there last year and got out lightly enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Table for four please.

It's just another press up group restaurant

Maigh Eo!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Is alcohol kombucha a thing in ireland yet? How about sage-infused seltzer?

Neil3030 wrote: »

Fairly sure molloy's account has been hacked now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Fairly sure molloy's account has been hacked now.

I think there's a hipster clique in here who have bets on the most outrageously hipster-sounding stuff they can make the rest of us believe are real...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

You are all, as I understand the parlance to dictate, a bunch of 'basic bitches'.

Neil3030 wrote: »

That’s a time lapse on April fools right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Does anyone understand how the pound is still stronger than the euro? I would have thought with all this uncertainty that the pound would have fallen a fair bit?

swiwi_ wrote: »
    Does anyone understand how the pound is still stronger than the euro? I would have thought with all this uncertainty that the pound would have fallen a fair bit?

Well it fell from 1.44 to 1.14 that’s a fairly substantial fall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭troyzer

swiwi_ wrote: »

The pound isn't really stronger than the Euro. They're just arbitrary numbers outside of historic strength and purchasing power.

The Euro isn't 100 times more powerful than the Yen even though that's the exchange rate.

What matters is the historic drop in nominal value and the weakening of purchasing power versus an equivalent earner in the eurozone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Who're people backing in the National tomorrow?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Who're people backing in the National tomorrow?

Valseur Lido

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Stheno wrote: »
    Valseur Lido
    Have a few quid on him as well as 4/5 others

Sport Ireland suspending funding to the FAI. Delaney is surely done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,723 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

2.7 million a year Sport Ireland give to them, I'd imagine he'll have to be ousted as long as Sport Ireland hold their ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Wow. If this is true then Delaney might only be junior vice president before long.

Buer wrote: »
    Wow. If this is true then Delaney might only be junior vice president before long.

i know youre messing.... but all he wants is some position which has executive power... in order to find himself at his ultimate goal.. which is a seat on uefa.

i cannot see sport ireland allowing him hold any executive position after this

I think his time has run and he cant weasel his way out of this.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

i know youre messing.... but all he wants is some position which has executive power... in order to find himself at his ultimate goal.. which is a seat on uefa.

i cannot see sport ireland allowing him hold any executive position after this

I think his time has run and he cant weasel his way out of this.

But weaseling out of things is what separates Delaney from the animals! Except the weasel...

Anyone with eir for their mobile phone? Offer of 14.99 a month sim only for 12 months which includes unlimited calls, texts and 30gb of data and free eir sport.
    Coverage/4G any good?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Anyone with eir for their mobile phone? Offer of 14.99 a month sim only for 12 months which includes unlimited calls, texts and 30gb of data and free eir sport.
    Coverage/4G any good?

The oh has one of his phones with them.

I'd go with Vodafone his phone is flaky abroad and outside urban areas

• Advertisement

On another topic I was at a funeral today where the family members who carried the coffin to the grave also lowered the coffin.

Anyone come across this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

On another topic I was at a funeral today where the family members who carried the coffin to the grave also lowered the coffin.

Anyone come across this?

Yes, it's fairly common?

Bazzo wrote: »
    Yes, it's fairly common?

Never seen it before that said this is my third funeral in ten yeara

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Anyone come across this?

Fairly normal practice outside urban areas. More rural areas wouldn't necessarily have paid grave diggers or several staff from a funeral home to lower the coffin. The pallbearers would usually lower the coffin in those instances and they're usually members of the family.

Have seen some lads who are far from suitable lowering coffins though. Although I've never seen it personally, I'm sure someone has lost their footing or grip at the worst time possible.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

2.7 million a year Sport Ireland give to them, I'd imagine he'll have to be ousted as long as Sport Ireland hold their ground.

The whole board have to go. Utter shambles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Buer wrote: »
    Fairly normal practice outside urban areas. More rural areas wouldn't necessarily have paid grave diggers or several staff from a funeral home to lower the coffin. The pallbearers would usually lower the coffin in those instances and they're usually members of the family.

Have seen some lads who are far from suitable lowering coffins though. Although I've never seen it personally, I'm sure someone has lost their footing or grip at the worst time possible.

It happened at a relative's funeral years ago when I was very young.

If you want to get even country-er there are even some parts of the country where it's still traditional for the neighbours to dig the grave (and usually get paid in whiskey).

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Bazzo wrote: »
    It happened at a relative's funeral years ago when I was very young.

If you want to get even country-er there are even some parts of the country where it's still traditional for the neighbours to dig the grave (and usually get paid in whiskey).

What, by hand?!

Fcuk that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

awec wrote: »
    What, by hand?!

Fcuk that.

my dad and uncles regularly dig graves, shovels and hand tools only, no machinery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭swiwi_

I googled boards.ie middle ground. Instead I ended up here in the dead centre.

Looks like Delaney is starting to burn some of his political capital, he's just outed Noel Rock as having contacted him for Ireland tickets. Not a massive crime but one that he will have to apologise for and it will hurt him politically. Rock is on the committee which is about to question an FAI delegation about the incident. I doubt there's any corruption beyond asking for the tickets from a position of authority, but it's still a warning shot to whoever else might have made requests in the past.

Delaney is done, FAI won't whether the scandal now - I see they are saying it's 'business as usual' but there is no way they survive this, it's enough of a misstep that change will now have to happen. Might drag out a bit is the only thing, these people have everything to lose - they'll never find another golden goose like the FAI. Pack of chancers.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Looks like Delaney is starting to burn some of his political capital, he's just outed Noel Rock as having contacted him for Ireland tickets. Not a massive crime but one that he will have to apologise for and it will hurt him politically. Rock is on the committee which is about to question an FAI delegation about the incident. I doubt there's any corruption beyond asking for the tickets from a position of authority, but it's still a warning shot to whoever else might have made requests in the past.

Delaney is done, FAI won't whether the scandal now - I see they are saying it's 'business as usual' but there is no way they survive this, it's enough of a misstep that change will now have to happen. Might drag out a bit is the only thing, these people have everything to lose - they'll never find another golden goose like the FAI. Pack of chancers.

Having a pop at a TD the night before he’s due to question you at his committee?

Is Delaney a few sandwiches short of a buffet or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

awec wrote: »
    Having a pop at a TD the night before he’s due to question you at his committee?

Is Delaney a few sandwiches short of a buffet or what?

More likely laying down a marker for other committee members about how vigorously they question him. Can be fairly sure Rock is far from the only TD who has gotten tickets, etc

If the worst he can threat is "I sorted him out with a couple of tickets" then it's not much of a marker to be laying down.

Last kick of a dying ass I hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

If the worst he can threat is "I sorted him out with a couple of tickets" then it's not much of a marker to be laying down.

Last kick of a dying ass I hope.

I’m no Delaney fan and he should definitely go. But Rock has been preaching from a fairly high horse and now it turns out he has been getting tickets and more troublingly agreed to push back against another TD who wanted to have Delaney up before a committee a year ago. Not a good look for Rock.

ClanofLams wrote: »
    I’m no Delaney fan and he should definitely go. But Rock has been preaching from a fairly high horse and now it turns out he has been getting tickets and more troublingly agreed to push back against another TD who wanted to have Delaney up before a committee a year ago. Not a good look for Rock.

Wasn't aware of the second part - that quid pro quo is serious enough. He'll be in trouble over this most likely.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement