Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Thread 4.0

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

mfceiling wrote: »
    Pubs, restaurants, matches etc won't really annoy me.
    Concerts are a bummer. I was geared up to see Fontaines DC in the iveagh gardens this summer but I'd say that's off.

The one killer for me is the holidays. More than anything I look forward to that 2 weeks in france or Italy. We go all out with a nice villa with our own pool and eat out every night. I work hard and save like mad for this every year. Not having that this year is going to be a king size pain the arse.

Yeah...I was supposed to be in Barcelona over Easter....and Pearl Jam in Berlin the end of June.... Dermot Kennedy hasn't announced cancellations yet... but it's only a matter of days I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 4,817 ✭✭✭b.gud

The internet is my biggest distraction so I've gone to great lengths to stay productive. My current is I add a bunch of my favourite sites to the hosts file under 127.0.0.1. The time it takes me to undo that is enough time to stop the impulse.

Really like this idea might give it a shot to help as the odd time I can really easily get sidetracked

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭jacothelad

vienne86 wrote: »
    One thing in our favour in Ireland is that we are good at connections. Meet someone abroad on holidays, for example, and more than likely you will quickly find some friend/relative in common. Now that we have several hundred deaths and several thousand infections, there is a good chance that most of us are being touched in some way by the disease - last week, I heard of one death through a friend, and discoverd it had taken place in a care home where my mother lived for eight years. This morning I heard of two deaths who are relatives/friends of good friends of mine. A friend with whom I have stayed for Heineken Cup matches in the UK is just recovering from Covid.

I am bored out of my tree being stuck at home, but somehow having heard of these cases, I feel more determined to stop feeling sorry for myself and to double down with my tiny efforts to help the cause. I doubt I am alone thinking this way at this stage.

The mother of my best friend of 50 years will be 100 in less than 3 weeks. She has been diagnosed with Covid 19. 11 days in.

It is so dispiriting to see those of that age group who have lived through so much in their lifetime. The great Depression, WW2, rationing, poverty and then the murderous vermin who pollute N.I., possibly succumb to a disease partially unleashed on them by the inept, deluded cretins in the Tory party.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

jacothelad wrote: »
    The mother of my best friend of 50 years will be 100 in less than 3 weeks. She has been diagnosed with Covid 19. 11 days in.

It is so dispiriting to see those of that age group who have lived through so much in their lifetime. The great Depression, WW2, rationing, poverty and then the murderous vermin who pollute N.I., possibly succumb to a disease partially unleashed on them by the inept, deluded cretins in the Tory party.

Best wishes to her Jaco, and it sounds like she's cut from some fairly strong stuff, as you say, with all she's lived through.

Anyone who may need to lighten their mood, Andrew Cuomo clearly ran out of his last f**k, and absolutely uncorked on the fruit-seller in chief. This isn't politics, it's a masterclass of irony:

"You want me to say 'thank you'? Thank you for doing your job. Thank you for participating in a modicum of federal responsibility in a national crisis. Thank you for having the federal government participate in a federal emergency."

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Anyone who may need to lighten their mood, Andrew Cuomo clearly ran out of his last f**k, and absolutely uncorked on the fruit-seller in chief. This isn't politics, it's a masterclass of irony:

Its amazing to have a governor like cuomo be able to a speak for over 15 mins, and quote numbers and facts off the top of his head, without stumbling, or using lily gilded adjectives....

... And just compare him to that orange oaf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Lockdown means time to watch films.

Rio Bravo with Marion Michael Morrison and Dino Paul Crocetti is a pretty decent watch.

swiwi_ wrote: »
    Lockdown means time to watch films.

Rio Bravo with Marion Michael Morrison and Dino Paul Crocetti is a pretty decent watch.

I was reading earlier that there is a new Dune coming out. Now I'm watching Dune.

Later I'm going to see if I still have Dune2 the PC game.

Sonic Tanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I was reading earlier that there is a new Dune coming out. Now I'm watching Dune.

Have re-read Dune many times over the years, but that first read was something special. The book just builds and builds and builds to this incredible crescendo.
    (sandworm riding vengeance is the best vengeance)

Have re-read Dune many times over the years, but that first read was something special. The book just builds and builds and builds to this incredible crescendo.
    (sandworm riding vengeance is the best vengeance)

The movie itself is barely competent but it has a lot of charm and they lay the sci fi on heavy. I've never gotten through the space folding scene without having to have an auld tug.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,225 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

I've high hopes for Dune. After Blade Runner 2049 I'll watch anything Dennis Villeneuve releases. It's one of the best films I've ever seen. Complete flop at the box office, but the world needs more big budget, high concept sci fi movies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Dune audio books are great.

I'm halfway through S2 of Altered Carbon on Netflix. Not as good as the 1st season but still decent

The UK media has really turned on the government in the last 24 hours. Very heavy criticism.

Hard to know if it will penetrate the cult mentality, calls to resign will grow now but I could envisage the Tories insisting they need to stay in the jobs until they 'get brexit done'.

Clegg wrote: »
    I've high hopes for Dune. After Blade Runner 2049 I'll watch anything Dennis Villeneuve releases. It's one of the best films I've ever seen. Complete flop at the box office, but the world needs more big budget, high concept sci fi movies.

Thought that blade runner was terrible. A real letdown after the original.

The UK media has really turned on the government in the last 24 hours. Very heavy criticism.

Hard to know if it will penetrate the cult mentality, calls to resign will grow now but I could envisage the Tories insisting they need to stay in the jobs until they 'get brexit done'.

The Tories set themselves up with a raft of scapegoats right at the outset of their inaction. 'We are following the science,' they say. No doubt thay planned it well if things went belly up thay had people to blame....and blame they will. They are a vindictive bunch of fools. It should also be noted that the science they choose to follow was far from Unanimous. They choose to follow the particular science that meant they had to do nothing...mainly because they are unable to understand or give two fecks about it. One leading epidemiologist stated that when he heard their 'herd immunity plan' he seriously thought it was satire.

Public Health England - which seems to be run by Dumb an Dumber - have shamefully asked front line staff to re-use protective gear thus callously opening up these heroes to even more danger. Remember, these clowns were approached by the Government's own Animal Testing Agency that informed them BACK IN JANUARY -that they could do 40,000 Covid 19 test per week. PHE basically gave them the middle finger.

A number of companies in the private sector approached PHE to tell them they could produce huge quanrtities of PPE,,,,,,again -basically told to go fu*k themselves while the government sent almost 300,000 items of PPE to China.THe NHS is almost out of PPE. No doubt we will see Matt Handjob appearing on t.v. spouting his usual lies and fantasies. It seems he is despised and held in comtempt by his officials. Reprtedly only Dominic Wab is even more reviled. This is hard to believe when sniggering fool, Priti 'merdeforbrains' Patel and Alok 'Wind and Urine' Sharma are also 'Ministers' .They are ministers in the same way that I am the Principal Dancer in the Royal Balle.

QuasiBoJo is a vacuous fantasist who doesn't have a days work in him.

Thought that blade runner was terrible. A real letdown after the original.

I thought the new one was better. I watched the old one about 5 years ago and didn't really see what the fuss was all about.

The Tories set themselves up with a raft of scapegoats right at the outset of their inaction. 'We are following the science,' they say. No doubt they planned it well if things went belly up they had people to blame....and blame they will. They are a vindictive bunch of fools. It should also be noted that the science they choose to follow was far from Unanimous. They choose to follow the particular science that meant they had to do nothing...mainly because they are unable to understand or give two fecks about it. One leading epidemiologist stated that when he heard their 'herd immunity plan' he seriously thought it was satire.

Public Health England - which seems to be run by Dumb an Dumber - have shamefully asked front line staff to re-use protective gear thus callously opening up these heroes to even more danger. Remember, these clowns were approached by the Government's own Animal Testing Agency that informed them BACK IN JANUARY -that they could do 40,000 Covid 19 test per week. PHE basically gave them the middle finger.

A number of companies in the private sector approached PHE to tell them they could produce huge quanrtities of PPE,,,,,,again -basically told to go fu*k themselves while the government sent almost 300,000 items of PPE to China.THe NHS is almost out of PPE. No doubt we will see Matt Handjob appearing on t.v. spouting his usual lies and fantasies. It seems he is despised and held in contempt by his officials. Reportedly only Dominic Raab is even more reviled. This is hard to believe when sniggering fool, Priti 'merdeforbrains' Patel and Alok 'Wind and Urine' Sharma are also 'Ministers' .They are ministers in the same way that I am the Principal Dancer in the Royal Ballet.

QuasiBoJo is a vacuous fantasist who doesn't have a days work in him. He is a congenital liar and egomaniac with the political talent of a burst boil...I despise him and his coterie of crooks.

The fallback position of these incompetent, grasping Tory feckwits when challenged is bluster, slogans, wild promises, lies and evasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

The Tories set themselves up with a raft of scapegoats right at the outset of their inaction. 'We are following the science,' they say. No doubt thay planned it well if things went belly up thay had people to blame....and blame they will. They are a vindictive bunch of fools. It should also be noted that the science they choose to follow was far from Unanimous. They choose to follow the particular science that meant they had to do nothing...mainly because they are unable to understand or give two fecks about it. One leading epidemiologist stated that when he heard their 'herd immunity plan' he seriously thought it was satire.

A number of companies in the private sector approached PHE to tell them they could produce huge quanrtities of PPE,,,,,,again -basically told to go fu*k themselves while the government sent almost 300,000 items of PPE to China.THe NHS is almost out of PPE. No doubt we will see Matt Handjob appearing on t.v. spouting his usual lies and fantasies. It seems he is despised and held in comtempt by his officials. Reprtedly only Dominic Wab is even more reviled. This is hard to believe when sniggering fool, Priti 'merdeforbrains' Patel and Alok 'Wind and Urine' Sharma are also 'Ministers' .They are ministers in the same way that I am the Principal Dancer in the Royal Balle.

QuasiBoJo is a vacuous fantasist who doesn't have a days work in him.

So I’m guessing you didn’t vote for the Tories then? :pac:

I think we have made some serious mistakes here. Though compared to the things that are now coming out about the UK’s handling of it. Our ministers and the HSE look like geniuses. From ventilators, testing, PPE and public health strategy, it seems the UK has gotten everything wrong they possibly could.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Thoroughly enjoyable read jaco, don't be afraid to give them both barrells :D

• Advertisement

I can see this crisis a being a focal point in the future against populism and the "cult of personality" type leadership.

It will be very easy for the boring, pragmatic politician of the future to point to trump and bojos mishandling of this crisis and say, that's what you get when you elect politicians based on populism.

Their absence of leadership and 'blame others' reactions are so telling

sydthebeat wrote: »
    I can see this crisis a being a focal point in the future against populism and the "cult of personality" type leadership.

It will be very easy for the boring, pragmatic politician of the future to point to trump and bojos mishandling of this crisis and say, that's what you get when you elect politicians based on populism.

Their absence of leadership and 'blame others' reactions are so telling

Problem is their base still buy the same old stories. Both in the UK and America they are regurgitating the same talking points. It’s all somebody else’s fault, our guy is doing his best and we should support him. If anything views are becoming more polarized as this goes on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

I thought the new one was better. I watched the old one about 5 years ago and didn't really see what the fuss was all about.

You're dead to me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

The Tories set themselves up with a raft of scapegoats right at the outset of their inaction. 'We are following the science,' they say. No doubt they planned it well if things went belly up they had people to blame....and blame they will. They are a vindictive bunch of fools. It should also be noted that the science they choose to follow was far from Unanimous. They choose to follow the particular science that meant they had to do nothing...mainly because they are unable to understand or give two fecks about it. One leading epidemiologist stated that when he heard their 'herd immunity plan' he seriously thought it was satire.

A number of companies in the private sector approached PHE to tell them they could produce huge quanrtities of PPE,,,,,,again -basically told to go fu*k themselves while the government sent almost 300,000 items of PPE to China.THe NHS is almost out of PPE. No doubt we will see Matt Handjob appearing on t.v. spouting his usual lies and fantasies. It seems he is despised and held in contempt by his officials. Reportedly only Dominic Raab is even more reviled. This is hard to believe when sniggering fool, Priti 'merdeforbrains' Patel and Alok 'Wind and Urine' Sharma are also 'Ministers' .They are ministers in the same way that I am the Principal Dancer in the Royal Ballet.

QuasiBoJo is a vacuous fantasist who doesn't have a days work in him. He is a congenital liar and egomaniac with the political talent of a burst boil...I despise him and his coterie of crooks.

The fallback position of these incompetent, grasping Tory feckwits when challenged is bluster, slogans, wild promises, lies and evasion.

Great post, Jaco. In it, I think you have managed to actually say all the things that many of us are thinking.

You're dead to me!

It's reputation preceded itself. I was expecting a lot but it's decent enough, just not at the same level of, say, The Matrix in terms of sci-fi. It's strongest point is the visuals which still hold up today.

stephen_n wrote: »
    Problem is their base still buy the same old stories. Both in the UK and America they are regurgitating the same talking points. It’s all somebody else’s fault, our guy is doing his best and we should support him. If anything views are becoming more polarized as this goes on.

That's why the middle ground holds the key.

I'm America the dems who didn't like hillary didn't vote. The reps who didn't like trump still voted for him to stop the dems getting.

In the UK the middle were basically sick of brexit and wanted to move forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

The (normally sycophantic) press turning on Johnson is a bit of a game changer though. There will still be the usual cheerleaders trying to polish the turd, but they are in the minority. The scale of the crisis in the UK is hard to ignore.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

When we were downsizing in 2016 we made a list of things we didn't want. We lived in a 5,000 sq ft 3 story Victorian villa with big grounds. We wanted a modern single story house with a small garden. WE bought a 3,000 sq ft two story house with two huge gardens with lawns thw size of football fields. I woulds happily concrete the lot. I really don't want to spend my declining years digging, weeding, cutting, dumping stuff, trailing the bride around garden centres and buying f'kin pergolas and bedding plants etc.

There was a large fruit tree garden and a huge vegetable patch. Now happily covered in 608 flagstones...:D:D:D Mrs Jacko wasn't happy...:p

A mate has an autonymous lawnmower taking care of nearly an acre of lawn. Charges itself in a little dock, comes out and does the cutting whenever it feels it needs to and does it often enough that the amount it's cutting is so minescule that it doesn't need to collect it in a bag and it just rots below the spot it was cut. Class craic altogether.

https://www.independent.co.uk/extras/indybest/house-garden/gardening/best-robot-lawnmower-large-area-small-garden-hills-robotic-a8971751.html

Never ever cut back on public education, and think you can just import smart people to compensate.

America doesn't even try to hide that this is their model. UK were a little more cloak and dagger, arriving there after decades of Tory cutbacks, slashing pay and overloading teachers with standardized assessments and the like.

Your Fortune 500s can always import the specialists they need, but political stability will always be precarious, thanks to a population that is disproportionately useless, mentally inflexible and only responsive to emotional impulse.

Amazing that we are just beyond a week since there was a campaign to go outside and clap for Johnson.

It shouldn't be a surprise that he failed entirely to show up for the crisis, but the fact that from the outset he has also robbed it of seriousness should be a massive warning sign for brexit supporters if they were ever to stop and pay attention for five minutes.

They've run out of Ministers to stand up and be embarrassed, Patel, Raab, Hancock and now Gove have all crumbled under the most basic of questioning and in a further embarrassment they now have ministers responding in an official governmental capacity to news articles which they don't like. Completely unacceptable joke shop during a genuine, real crisis. All of these people's political careers should be over but I've little faith this will transpire.

Much like in America, the UK Government is focusing on managing the 24 hour news cycle and not the extent of this crisis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

That's why the middle ground holds the key.

I'm America the dems who didn't like hillary didn't vote. The reps who didn't like trump still voted for him to stop the dems getting.

In the UK the middle were basically sick of brexit and wanted to move forward.

Sadly you are probably correct. Like a diabetic requesting an elective foot amputation because they're sick of being told they might lose it if they don't get their diabetes under control.

• Advertisement

Bazzo wrote: »
    Sadly you are probably correct. Like a diabetic requesting an elective foot amputation because they're sick of being told they might lose it if they don't get their diabetes under control.

and if i may bring it even more contemporary and into pop culture... like Saff in tiger king where he opted to amputate his arm instead of going through a 2-year process of reconstructive surgery. He was back at work seven days after the tiger bit his arm off and five days after his arm was amputated.

There is something in the human condition which say Fcuk this, lets get going again asap.

Hopefully the american public will look upon trump not as the tiger, or the reconstructive surgery... but the gangrene that that rots what it touches

Pretty sure most sensible Americans are just watching their governors press conferences at this point.

prawnsambo wrote: »
    The (normally sycophantic) press turning on Johnson is a bit of a game changer though. There will still be the usual cheerleaders trying to polish the turd, but they are in the minority. The scale of the crisis in the UK is hard to ignore.

Times is a Murdoch paper, most of BoBo’s backing was from the Barclay Brothers. This could be the beginning of a little Tory in fighting.

From my pov, The Times has always been slightly more willing to criticise the Tories. Still a predominantly Conservative leaning publication though.

The Telegraph is a complete ****rag however. Doesn't bother to hide it's bias and naked cheerleading. If they were to ever turn on Boris you'd know he's really in trouble power wise.

Anyone watching the concert from home on RTE 2? Even in his 70's Elton John is still such a great performer.

Times is a Murdoch paper, most of BoBo’s backing was from the Barclay Brothers. This could be the beginning of a little Tory in fighting.

This.

Gove could be manoeuvring against BoJo; Murdoch is said to be a fan of the former.

Not sure who I'd prefer though...

This.

Gove could be manoeuvring against BoJo; Murdoch is said to be a fan of the former.

The criticism is mild and disorganized at the moment, driven by a tepid media.

The UK isn't over the worst of this yet but the Government has definitely lost control of the narrative now and I think they'll struggle to regain it. This is going to get worse and the Tories are going to be damaged by it, potentially seriously.

There is a stark lack of talent in that cabinet and no one who is going to lead them out of this mess which is my big worry. No leadership and Johnson is completely awol and potentially under internal political threat will impact their ability to tackle covid head on.

A further big worry for them now is that a very senior Tory is speaking to the media candidly and they are not doing that out of concern, moves are likely afoot based on the reputational damage to come.

It's an odd situation. Cultural supremacy and a misguided sense of superiority were major, major ingredients of Brexit. If it turns out that the UK fails hardest in the EU zone in the face of covid, led by the very people cheerleading Brexit it's going to raises questions even hardcore brexiteers may be uncomfortable with.

You would take heart in the collapse of right wing populism in the UK if that comes to pass - but it's costing thousands of lives at the moment and there is no taking that back. Despairing.

Gove. Much smarter and a more capable politician than Boris which at a serious time is a good thing and they'll never be able to build a cult around him like the other tosser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Every time I see Give I just remember that video of him trying to clap like a normal person. Can’t take him seriously at all. And the horrific 90s tv show where he utterly embarrassed himself.

The whole crowd are an embarrassment. Both major parties seem to have ripped any competence out of their front benches

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Every time I see Give I just remember that video of him trying to clap like a normal person. Can’t take him seriously at all. And the horrific 90s tv show where he utterly embarrassed himself.

The whole crowd are an embarrassment. Both major parties seem to have ripped any competence out of their front benches
    Gove is a joke alright. And his wife is like Lady Macbeth behind him. I'd have some hope that Keir Starmer is able to rebuild the Labour Party. There are at least a decent number of competent people there. Once they can sideline the Corbynistas.

Gove is a joke alright. And his wife is like Lady Macbeth behind him. I'd have some hope that Keir Starmer is able to rebuild the Labour Party. There are at least a decent number of competent people there. Once they can sideline the Corbynistas.

The story of Labour since Brown if ever fully and accurately told will be fascinating. You have a political party having a full blown existential crisis right at the same time as the country they wish to lead is completely ****ting the bed.

That they couldn't account for May or Johnson in any meaningful fashion is astonishing and their inability to bridge internal divides during a time when the country needed an opposition more than ever is disappointing.

I feel that Corbyn was horrifically mistreated and vilified by many predictably on the right but too many on the left also. He was less popular than Epstein which is an absurd smearing for a bloody do gooder pacifist. At the same time he couldn't bring the party together and for that he is a failure. It may not have been his fault and the utter pettiness exposed in recent reports and leaks suggests that he was dealing with very unreasonable people. Despite that - if he was unable to unite the labour party - there is no way he was bringing the UK back together.

It's all a huge mess. They sleepwalked into their Coronavirus disaster but they've been sleepwalking into a more long term one for some time now. The cult status of Tommy Robinson, the mainstreaming of Nigel Farage and the electing of Boris Johnson are all very obvious symptoms of a sickness pervading the UK. It appears that covid19 exposes pre existing conditions on an individual and state level.

• Advertisement

Can I just take this as an opportunity to appeal to the mods about the "no politics" policy in this off topic thread.

The initial reason for that policy was down to politics (and religion) being too divisive.

Can I just point to the last few pages to show that we can discuss politics in here without any major issue.

In fact, you get much more major sh!t shows in the threads where we are supposed to discuss politics.

So can I call for a review of that policy in this tread please..... (you can keep the ban on religion!! :D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,817 ✭✭✭✭bilston

I sometimes wonder what the political landscape in the UK would look like if the Labour Party had elected David instead of Ed as leader back in 2010.

I think David Milliband could have beaten Cameron in 2015, and then the course of British politics would have been very different indeed.

bilston wrote: »
    I sometimes wonder what the political landscape in the UK would look like if the Labour Party had elected David instead of Ed as leader back in 2010.

I think David Milliband could have beaten Cameron in 2015, and then the course of British politics would have been very different indeed.

If anyone listens to Jimbo's podcast, they, like me, are no doubt getting the opening of this song in their head:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,817 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Clegg wrote: »
    From my pov, The Times has always been slightly more willing to criticise the Tories. Still a predominantly Conservative leaning publication though.

The Telegraph is a complete ****rag however. Doesn't bother to hide it's bias and naked cheerleading. If they were to ever turn on Boris you'd know he's really in trouble power wise.

Historically correct. Didn't Murdoch back Blair back in 1997? I know the Sun did, I assume the Times did as well. I remember it was a massive deal at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Historically correct. Didn't Murdoch back Blair back in 1997? I know the Sun did, I assume the Times did as well. I remember it was a massive deal at the time.

Much as I despise "The Scum" as a paper I do remember them turning from a Tory paper and throwing their support behind Blair and Labour at the time.
    I had no interest in politics then (still very little now) but I remember thinking that they were more interested in populism than journalism.

Horrible horrible paper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

dregin wrote: »
    A mate has an autonymous lawnmower taking care of nearly an acre of lawn. Charges itself in a little dock, comes out and does the cutting whenever it feels it needs to and does it often enough that the amount it's cutting is so minescule that it doesn't need to collect it in a bag and it just rots below the spot it was cut. Class craic altogether.

I've had one for 3 years now, cutting about half an acre. Best piece of kit I ever got. Can't recommend them highly enough.

Can I just take this as an opportunity to appeal to the mods about the "no politics" policy in this off topic thread.

:D)

We'll consider it.

Zzippy wrote: »
    I've had one for 3 years now, cutting about half an acre. Best piece of kit I ever got. Can't recommend them highly enough.

We'll consider it.

I would just make it no Irish politics especially no NI vs Republic politics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

I would just make it no Irish politics especially no NI vs Republic politics.

I was thinking this. We're always a lot better behaved on this island when we are pointing out what the rest of the world is doing wrong.

:D

This.

Genital herpes and Ebola sound more appealing/

• Advertisement

Hear! Hear! Ed Milliband was set up and basically rammed into position as a dupe by Len McCluskey for the furtherance of John McDonnell and the successors of Militant. McCloskey and his 'Party Within A Party', Momentum led by John Lansman, is the greatest block on the Labour Party being a centrist group. That position is the only one in which they will ever be re-elected over the amateur morons of the ERG and the right wing press.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement