Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Thread 4.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Its one way to pass the time while the kid is getting their jabs :D

And Buer, I don't have kids. At least, none that the government can deduct from my wages.

When you have kids you don't need the government to deduct money from your wages. They do a good job of that themselves!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Zzippy wrote: »
    Yeah, we went back to the hospital when the baby was 9 months old for a ride! :rolleyes: :D:D

Duuurty.
    Teething already?!

Yes. She's ahead of her time in many ways. Sure she was holding her head up inside the first week. I must check again what those drugs the wife was taking during pregnancy were......
    Its one way to pass the time while the kid is getting their jabs :D

And Buer, I don't have kids. At least, none that the government can deduct from my wages.

Psst, the Government pays you to have children here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

You get paid in children

You been sheep :D

In NZ a woman can name you as the father of her child and the first you would know about it is when money started coming out of your wages for child support. It would then be up to you to go to court to get access or prove you weren't the father. Courtesy of the previous Labour/Green government. I swear thats not why I moved to Ireland ;)

Sorry, I forgot. Congrats ZZippy

(always be nice to Mods)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I certainly don't!

In NZ a woman can name you as the father of her child and the first you would know about it is when money started coming out of your wages for child support. It would then be up to you to go to court to get access or prove you weren't the father. Courtesy of the previous Labour/Green government. I swear thats not why I moved to Ireland ;)

I can't see how anything could possibly go wrong with a scheme like that....

I certainly don't!

Whoops :o

I'm not correcting it.

You could have a chat about it with the Scarlets fans this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭b.gud

So, bun number 2 is in the oven. Baked for another 6 months at 37 degrees I'm told.

I'm sure I'll be back posting more regularly in about, oh, 2036...

Congrats Zzippy
    Jaysus at this rate the Westerners will have outbred us by then. Probably have to move the capital.

Congrats!

Well I'm doing my part to help grow the western population, and Connachts fan base, bun number 1 will be along in 5 months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

b.gud wrote: »
    Congrats Zzippy

Well I'm doing my part to help grow the western population, and Connachts fan base, bun number 1 will be along in 5 months

Congrats yourself! That's two more Connacht fans in a few years time... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Congrats Zzippy

congrats!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 54,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

congrats b.gud! Seeing as it’s your first, let me tell you being a parent is brilliant and not as bad as made out.

A lot of inseminations by forum members these past few years.

The future of the forum is bright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Ever hear of condoms, folks? I've seen your posts. We don't need more of you, thanks.

Congrats yourself! That's two more Connacht fans in a few years time... :D

Will have a chuckle if little Tiernan and Muldoona end up following Leinster...!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,880 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Congratulations lads. Jaysus there's no shortage of boys getting a bit of action on here.

Just remember that when they come along all that goes off the table!!

mfceiling wrote: »
    Congratulations lads. Jaysus there's no shortage of boys getting a bit of action on here.

You could almost say we're all ... top shaggers?

I really am sorry, I just couldn't resist.

Awec is a great name by the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

awec wrote: »
    Awec is a great name by the way.
    Don't fall for it lads. My son will never forgive me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Buer wrote: »
    Don't fall for it lads. My son will never forgive me.
    It doesn't pass the "come in for your dinner" test anyway. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Ever hear of condoms, folks? I've seen your posts. We don't need more of you, thanks.

1 folk
    2 or more folks

I think Tana is a great name. Just saying.

So, bun number 2 is in the oven. Baked for another 6 months at 37 degrees I'm told.

I'm sure I'll be back posting more regularly in about, oh, 2036...

Congrats Zzippy
    Jaysus at this rate the Westerners will have outbred us by then. Probably have to move the capital.

Congrats!

Congrats mark II!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

I think Tana is a great name. Just saying.

I think my first-born will be called Waynebarnes.

People think Buer is joking but he really did name his son after me. :pac:

Oh yeah that thing that economists like to call "disposable income"....you won't have that any more either.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

mfceiling wrote: »
    Oh yeah that thing that economists like to call "disposable income"....you won't have that any more either.

It goes on disposable nappies, disposable bottles and disposable clothes, in fact you really do have a disposable income once you have kids.

stephen_n wrote: »
    It goes on disposable nappies, disposable bottles and disposable clothes, in fact you really do have a disposable income once you have kids.
    Actually it starts getting expensive the moment your seminal fluid hits the back of your partner's vaginal canal.

Pram, cot, co-sleeper, car seat, isofix, changing tables, bouncers, maternity clothes, pillows etc etc etc.

In extreme cases you'll need a new car too cause you'll realise that a pram doesn't fit in the boot of the 3 door hot hatch you currently drive.

All of this before baby arrives!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Will have a chuckle if little Tiernan and Muldoona end up following Leinster...!

Muldoona is the funniest thing I've read so far this week!

On a completely unrelated note, has anyone ever had a vasectomy? Seems to be virtually unheard of in France, particularly under local anaesthetic.

On a completely unrelated note, has anyone ever had a vasectomy? Seems to be virtually unheard of in France, particularly under local anaesthetic.

After having two kids I'm pretty sure my balls just voluntarily stopped working to be honest.

I know a few people who have. It hasn't effected them in anyway.

awec wrote: »
    People think Buer is joking but he really did name his son after me. :pac:
    It's the worst coincidence in the history of mankind.

Big Tom is gone.

Hear mfceiling had a poster of him in his room as a teen.

• Advertisement

Yeah.....as a teen.

Was down in Kildare this evening looking at a job (the joys of self employment).
    Listened to LMFM on the way home and there was an hours tribute to Big Tom. He honestly didn't have a note in his head.
    By all accounts he was a total gentleman. The presenter said he sold over a million records!!

I always wondered was 'Big Tom and the Mainliners' an innocent naivety or a tongue in cheek double entendre. :D

• Subscribers Posts: 41,942 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

best thing i ever did......

sydthebeat wrote: »
    best thing i ever did......

You old romantic!

Did you need to take time off work? How long till you can play rugby again or any indoor sports?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,942 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

You old romantic!

Did you need to take time off work? How long till you can play rugby again or any indoor sports?

i took a day off work, drove to clinic with my wife, she drove home as they give you "silly drugs" (rather than a local anaesthetic).
    Very neat knick (probably 1/2 cm wide)

Tender for about 3 / 4 days after but definitely about to play sports within a week IMO... but ask your doctor ;)

Amazed twitter is so quiet about this. Some of the words used by the defendant are awful and I understand the complainant was left bleeding after one of the encounters.

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/britain/teacher-cleared-of-having-sex-with-pupil-35-years-her-junior-36818012.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5625827/Teacher-Deborah-Lowe-cleared-having-sex-teenage-pupil-35-years-junior.html

I'll await the details of the protest march at the spire I guess!

Amazed twitter is so quiet about this. Some of the words used by the defendant are awful and I understand the complainant was left bleeding after one of the encounters.

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/britain/teacher-cleared-of-having-sex-with-pupil-35-years-her-junior-36818012.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5625827/Teacher-Deborah-Lowe-cleared-having-sex-teenage-pupil-35-years-junior.html

I'll await the details of the protest march at the spire I guess!
    There's a spire in Cheshire?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Well at least she did everyone the favour of resigning before destroying her reputation. Saves a bunch of hassle that way!

• Advertisement

No. No. NO.

Don't destroy this thread too!

Buer wrote: »
    No. No. NO.

Don't destroy this thread too!

Will we give that topic... the snip?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

So Venjur the texts were sent in private, and the not guilty verdict makes the court stuff inadmissible? I presume that means she's just fine to return to her job in the school right? Firing her would surely be wrongful dismissal. :):)

errlloyd wrote: »
    So Venjur the texts were sent in private, and the not guilty verdict makes the court stuff inadmissible? I presume that means she's just fine to return to her job in the school right? Firing her would surely be wrongful dismissal. :):)

I don't know much of the details at all, it was a facetious post to highlight the lack of reaction to this verdict.

If you really want a discussion on it then that's fine, you can PM me. Given the pupil attended the school where she is employed however the circumstances are not the same in much the same way as had the complainant in Belfast been an employee of Ulster rugby the communications would be viewed differently, in the context of employment law.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I really have no interest in discussing it, but I don't know the code for the good sarcastic smiley when posting from mobile.

I really have no interest in discussing it, but I don't know the code for the good sarcastic smiley when posting from mobile.

I use the pacman for that which is just colon pac colon

:pac:

• Advertisement

rolleyes between colons :

:rolleyes:

Will we give that topic... the snip?

I didn't react at all to the initial post. To this one, I winced. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

There’s a lot of **** happening between colons on here.

stephen_n wrote: »
    There’s a lot of **** happening between colons on here.

Don't tell awec....

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement