Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Thread 4.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

stephen_n wrote: »
    But if you don’t say no, you’ll never see your missus in the same way again. That image can not be unseen.

Yep...be like watching your favourite pub burn down.

I very much answered "no I'm grand thanks" when offered the opportunity to watch my girls making their guest appearance. Not a hope in hell I was looking at that.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

b.gud wrote: »
    Personally I felt I really played a stormer during the labour and I didn't even need any of the drugs

Yea same here, I felt grand really. Not sure what all the fuss is about.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

mfceiling wrote: »
    Yep...be like watching your favourite pub burn down.

I very much answered "no I'm grand thanks" when offered the opportunity to watch my girls making their guest appearance. Not a hope in hell I was looking at that.

Even worse when the midwife asks "would dad like to see the head" , and you look down and say "I see no difference"....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Baby girl has daddy wrapped around her little finger already. A drop of Midleton before bed now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Zzippy wrote: »
    Baby girl has daddy wrapped around her little finger already. A drop of Midleton before bed now...

Congrats:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Congrats Zzippy!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Well done Zzippy! You played a blinder.

Having a child on opening weekend of European rugby makes me question your priorities though.

Congrats Zzippy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,817 ✭✭✭b.gud

Congrats Zzippy

• Advertisement

Well done Zzippy...hope everyone is well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Congrats Zzippy, your taste in whisky is better than I thought ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭kuang1

Haaaaaaaannn Zzippy. G'man.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Congrats Zzippy, you can let them rip in peace now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Congrats Zzippy. Is this #1 or a later version?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Congrats to Mr and Mrs Zzippy. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Congratulations Zzippy family

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Congrats Zzippy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,155 ✭✭✭OldRio

Congrats to Mr and Mrs Zippy.

I remember when my youngest, Ciaran was born. Mrs OldRio had to have a ceserian section. They put a small curtain up to stop the pair of seeing the surgery. Bollox to that I thought.
    So I looked around the other side to see the cut and pulling the lad from her stomach. Fantastic it was. Wonderful moment.

OldRio wrote: »
    Congrats to Mr and Mrs Zippy.

I remember when my youngest, Ciaran was born. Mrs OldRio had to have a ceserian section. They put a small curtain up to stop the pair of seeing the surgery. Bollox to that I thought.
    So I looked around the other side to see the cut and pulling the lad from her stomach. Fantastic it was. Wonderful moment.
    I had a similar experience with #1. Unfortunately it was an emergency requiring actaully having to run to the OT and so by the time I got gowned up and into the OT, he was just being lifted out.

All was fine and he's in the Galwegians squad to play QUB today. :)

They have a good women's squad too ZZippy. ;)

Congrats Zzippy! Have you two girls now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,155 ✭✭✭OldRio

prawnsambo wrote: »
    I had a similar experience with #1. Unfortunately it was an emergency requiring actaully having to run to the OT and so by the time I got gowned up and into the OT, he was just being lifted out.

Unfortunately they grow up far to fast. Enjoy them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Thanks everyone!
    Buer wrote: »
    Well done Zzippy! You played a blinder.

Having a child on opening weekend of European rugby makes me question your priorities though.

Baby didn't arrive on time. I even had to miss the Connacht game!

She can play whatever sport she likes, but she'll grow up with a hurley in her hand... ;)

awec wrote: »
    Congrats Zzippy! Have you two girls now?

Boy and a girl :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Eir Internet down since this afternoon. Ring them and it takes 30 minutes to get through to someone. They tell me it's an issue with DNS or something that's affecting the whole country. Ridiculous stuff from a bunch of amateurs

Synode wrote: »
    Eir Internet down since this afternoon. Ring them and it takes 30 minutes to get through to someone. They tell me it's an issue with DNS or something that's affecting the whole country. Ridiculous stuff from a bunch of amateurs
    Are you using Eir DNS? You can always use something else like Google: 8.8.8.8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,723 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Synode wrote: »

Their mobile data is down as well apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Are you using Eir DNS? You can always use something else like Google: 8.8.8.8.

I'll try that if it's not working still tomorrow. My 8 year old is demanding we go back to Virgin because he hasn't been able to play Fortnite :pac:

Overheard in Torquay: A bunch of elderly gentlemen who were in the Leave category were discussing Brexit. One of the reasons they voted Leave? The EU have ruined the Eurovision.

Overheard in Torquay: A bunch of elderly gentlemen who were in the Leave category were discussing Brexit. One of the reasons they voted Leave? The EU have ruined the Eurovision.
    Priceless :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Shudder.

It's the Lisbon Treaty on steroids.

I had an elderly gentleman tell me in work the other day that "You Irish need to stop being so obnoxious about this little border issue"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

It's a slow motion train wreck. But super slow motion, and the train is being driven by someone who has never driven a train before but found a conductors hat, and the coal that they're using to fuel it is actually just stones that someone painted black and sold to them.

Bazzo wrote: »
    I had an elderly gentleman tell me in work the other day that "You Irish need to stop being so obnoxious about this little border issue"
    I hope you told him that it's their little border issue that they made, fixed (with help from others) and are now trying to break again.

I hope you told him that it's their little border issue that they made, fixed (with help from others) and are now trying to break again.

A lot of the people I deal with in work are elderly and the area I work in is fairly conservative to boot. I try to stay apolitical at work so my response of choice to a situation like this(which happens annoyingly often) is to make them sit in awkward silence while I completely ignore them for a few seconds before continuing with the conversation.

Quick note to confirm that American football is still ****ing horrendous

Also I just can’t get over the awful standard of tackling. These guys are elite athletes and they’d struggle to make an AIL team with these arm tackles

Also I just can’t get over the awful standard of tackling. These guys are elite athletes and they’d struggle to make an AIL team with these arm tackles

I know the pads are often used as an excuse, but the fact is that the vast majority of these lads just aren't taught even basic technique. The Seahawks released a promotional video on their "hawk tackle", which in 2014 detailed such revolutionary ideas as "put your head behind the near hip".

It's a slow motion train wreck. But super slow motion, and the train is being driven by someone who has never driven a train before but found a conductors hat, and the coal that they're using to fuel it is actually just stones that someone painted black and sold to them.

"The EU is like paying £5 for a £3 sandwich, and getting £1000 change, and we left" - Jason J Hunter

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Zzippy wrote: »

Only seeing this now. Congrats Zzippy. I can tell you that 9 months later she’ll still have you every bit as wrapped! Hope mom and baby are doing well.

molloyjh wrote: »
    Only seeing this now. Congrats Zzippy. I can tell you that 19 years 9 months later she’ll still have you every bit as wrapped! Hope mom and baby are doing well.
    FYP ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

FYP ;)

Well I can’t quite comment on that yet, but I don’t doubt it!

molloyjh wrote: »
    Well I can’t quite comment on that yet, but I don’t doubt it!
    Thankfully neither can I, personally. But I have observed such things. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

I can confirm it to be true, 21 and still going!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Anyone have an idea how much it'd cost to get architects drawings done for an extension? Hoping to get a groundfloor extension built at the back of a terraced house early next year. About 25 metres squared. Toying with the idea of getting the attic done at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Congrats Zzippy

• Advertisement

So my kids do French lessons once a week. Talking to the lovely girl who teaches them and she's from a rugby heartland in france...

"do you like rugby mf?"

"Yes I follow the game."

"I taught a guy here recently for a year who was involved in rugby and wanted to get his French in order to enable him to coach there"

"Yeah?"

"You have heard of Jono Gibbes?"

*whistles*.......Awec

So my kids do French lesson once a week. Talking to the lovely girl who teaches them and she's from a rugby heartland in france...

"do you like rugby mf?"

"Yes I follow the game."

"I taught a guy here recently for a year who was involved in rugby and wanted to get his French in order to enable him to coach there"

"Yeah?"

*whistles*.......Awec
    :D

Ireland really is too small a country. You can do nothing without somebody knowing somebody who knows what you did.

:D

Ireland really is too small a country. You can do nothing without somebody knowing somebody who knows what you did.

Reminds me of a work mate who went to Amsterdam with his wife for a weekend of drink and debauchery.
    Giddy on booze they went into a club to watch a live sex show.
    He's at the bar ordering a drink and he hears a voice..."busy wee spot this emmet"

His next door neighbour in the same place!!

So my kids do French lessons once a week. Talking to the lovely girl who teaches them and she's from a rugby heartland in france...

"do you like rugby mf?"

"Yes I follow the game."

"Yeah?"

*whistles*.......Awec
    The timing of these lessons would be interesting alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Just saw a lad get his jacket stolen in Rathmines McDonalds. Some drunk guy just picked it up and walked away as if it was his. The guy was just standing there in an ROI Jersey with a green scarf contemplating walking home in the freezing cold and I felt so sorry for him.

Chances are he's never gonna get his money back, his whole evening was ruined, his faith in Ireland is probably diminished. And after all that he left the Aviva, went to get a McDonalds and some lad stole his jacket.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement