Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Thread 4.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

awec wrote: »
    Tomorrows the last day for three weeks.

Are you a teacher?

Finish half day today till the 2nd of January, checked out about 2 days ago though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I always pictured you as a home economics teacher or something. This post is doing nothing to refute my beliefs.

He taught me to knit

“Mr Jackman,” I’d say, “I have no interest.”

But turns out he was right

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭kuang1

Working Monday, Thursday and Friday next week. Same the following week. Workload will be light though.

Suits me just fine tbh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,723 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Last day today until the 4th for me. Leaving the work phone turned off and locked in my drawer as new management decided a couple of graduates was adequate cover for all of our customers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

mfceiling wrote: »
    3.10 and I think I'm drunk.

The above statement was true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

stephen_n wrote: »
    Are you a teacher?

Awec isn't legally allowed within 200 yards of a school or John Lacey's house.

The above statement was true.

It was 3.11am you liar.

I always pictured you as a home economics teacher or something. This post is doing nothing to refute my beliefs.

Pfft. I wish. I almost did go into teaching after college but an opportunity became available in a heartless multinational corporation where the opportunity to slack off and climb the ladder with minimal effort was on the table.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

dregin wrote: »
    I've 20 days paternity leave to use over the year after birth, so will probably be off until the end of January. Not too shabby.

****, I forgot about paternity leave. Is now the ideal time to knock up the missus so I can take it during the world cup.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

errlloyd wrote: »
    ****, I forgot about paternity leave. Is now the ideal time to knock up the missus so I can take it during the world cup.

Absolutely.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Are you a teacher?

Finish half day today till the 2nd of January, checked out about 2 days ago though.
    Nope.

Wouldn't have the patience for that carry on.

Buer wrote: »
    It was 3.11am you liar.

I definitely was drunk so.

Nope.

Wouldn't have the patience for that carry on.

Good point, well made!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Slinking off a lunch today. Would happily work some days between now and the new year but we fall foul of forced annual leave days. I'd much rather take annual leave at times when I genuinely need to do so.

Still, it will be nice to have almost 2 weeks off with the family.

Yeah, I'll work the 27th and 28th this year and generally do. Nice and quiet in the office aswell

I try to save my annual leave for a couple of weeks here and there over the summer with long evenings and better weather for activities, as well as take a few friday's during the year

Been off since Tuesday and have been sick as a dog since. Karma for faking sick the previous week to go to a wedding.

Been off since Tuesday and have been sick as a dog since. Karma for faking sick the previous week to go to a wedding.

I can't recall a time when I've seen so many people sick before. All kinds of chest infections, coughs, colds, vomitting etc. on the go.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I can't recall a time when I've seen so many people sick before. All kinds of chest infections, coughs, colds, vomitting etc. on the go.

The lack of any prolonged cold period so far this year has meant the bugs haven't been killed off....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

It was 3.11am you liar.

Good band.

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Good band.

Fupin hipster

When the police catch this dick with the drone they should march him into the Gatwick departures hall and leave him there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I'm no tree hugger but people who get takeaway cups to sit down at cafes are assholes.

I'm no tree hugger but people who get takeaway cups to sit down at cafes are assholes.

Have you ever seen some of the ridiculous cups they use in cafés though? Some of them are absolutely massive and impossible to pickup.

But yes, takeaway cups are a ridiculous waste, the amount of them in the bins in our office is unreal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Have you ever seen some of the ridiculous cups they use in cafés though? Some of them are absolutely massive and impossible to pickup.

But yes, takeaway cups are a ridiculous waste, the amount of them in the bins in our office is unreal

I hate those huge big wide cups that don't keep coffee hot longer than 5 seconds, and they have this ridiculously tiny handle that is both too small to hold and too small to get a finger through. Give me a f*cking mug with a big handle.

I do appreciate that more places are serving the compostable takeaway cups now, which makes me feel less guilty.

Huge shout. Absolutely correct. Those ultra-wide coffee cups are one of the worst inventions ever

When the police catch this dick with the drone they should march him into the Gatwick departures hall and leave him there.

Seemingly they’re not taking your advice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Takeaway cups also keep the coffee warm longer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Trying to get my dad some Adidas gear but I'm finding the jackets are all suited to my build, tall and relatively slim. He's 5'9 or so and probably a 36 inch waist. Any munster or Leinster fans know which styles of Adidas gear might suit him best?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Zzippy wrote: »
    I hate those huge big wide cups that don't keep coffee hot longer than 5 seconds, and they have this ridiculously tiny handle that is both too small to hold and too small to get a finger through. Give me a f*cking mug with a big handle.

The people who like them are effective child adults who are really indulging in some psuedo breast feeding

CatFromHue wrote: »
    The people who like them are effective child adults who are really indulging in some psuedo breast feeding

Feck that. I can get that at home... :pac:

• Advertisement

CatFromHue wrote: »

No offense but your mother must have some weird breast’s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Sirius Boner

Feck that. I can get that at home... :pac:

How is your mam?

I'm sorry :D

I do appreciate that more places are serving the compostable takeaway cups now, which makes me feel less guilty.

There's a place in the kildare outlets that serve coffee in a bowl with no handles. I nearly had a meltdown when the lad set it down. Had a bit of a rant to one of the managers who changed it for a takeaway cup....so still no handle and now I'm sitting down with plates, cutlery and a takeaway cup. Had a rant on tripadvisor and turns out I wasn't the only one who thought it was ridiculously stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭shootermacg

What about ***** in cities who drive 5km to work? Or around the corner to the local shop?

There's a place in the kildare outlets that serve coffee in a bowl with no handles. I nearly had a meltdown when the lad set it down. Had a bit of a rant to one of the managers who changed it for a takeaway cup....so still no handle and now I'm sitting down with plates, cutlery and a takeaway cup. Had a rant on tripadvisor and turns out I wasn't the only one who thought it was ridiculously stupid.

They probably thought you were in for the duration while the missus spent your Christmas bonus. F*ck, a cup won't be enough for him, give him a feckin bowl of the stuff...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

No offense but your mother must have some weird breast’s

I've never even had a cup of coffee in my life!

but

latest?cb=20120913080758

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Huge shout. Absolutely correct. Those ultra-wide coffee cups are one of the worst inventions ever
    I think they are a thing from the south east of France. Or at least that's where I saw them first many moons ago.

Yous are all a bunch of whinging oul bollockses.

Nothing wrong with wide cups, handle less cups or takeaway cups.

How could you be so wrong

I'll stay here on my high perch with my bamboo reusable coffee cup, don't you worry.

Hipster level 11...don't drink tea or coffee and preach to the world

• Advertisement

How could you be so wrong

He drinks Harp...

Stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid cups with no handles...sorry bowl.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I guess an Ulster fan would take any cup on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

sydthebeat wrote: »
    The lack of any prolonged cold period so far this year has meant the bugs haven't been killed off....

Surely you meant bugs as in insects?
    Why would cold weather kill off microorganisms?
    I would have thought the colds and flu viruses activate in the winter more than any other time of the year.

People who shouldn't be allowed in town when I'm trying to do my entire christmas shopping this afternoon....

The elderly, parents with prams and small kids, the infirm, northsiders, culchies, hipsters, people with dogs, Carol singers, junkies, "goys" in leinster jerseys, tourists, people wearing christmas jumpers, cyclists, motorists, people taking selfies, stoners, tracksuited youths (see northsiders).

Basically anyone who isn't me.

Merry Christmas to one and all, enjoy the time with your nearest and dearest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭DGRulz

Merry Christmas everyone. Hope those of you with small children weren't awakened too early.

Happy birthday, Drico.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭kuang1

DGRulz wrote: »
    Merry Christmas everyone. Hope those of you with small children weren't awakened too early.

5.25am. 9 year old.
    I'm fookin exhausted.

Happy hols all.

I was first up at 7, had to wake the kids. They were FAR too excited last night, up till all hours.

Have a great day all, even Munster supporters :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement