Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Thread 4.0

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Sirius Boner

I was first up at 7, had to wake the kids. They were FAR too excited last night, up till all hours.

Have a great day all, even Munster supporters :D

And you too fave MOLF :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Happy Christmas everyone only 37 days till 6mas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

If anyones around Kildare/Naas tomorrow and looking for something to do
    Great afternoon in store at Naas Rugby club fundraising for Michael Mullan an Eadestown native, fighting cancer for the 3rd time.
    Fundraising gaelic football blitz with 6 teams competing
    Naas Rugby and the Eadestown, Naas, Two Mile House & Kill GAA clubs all involved.
    https://www.facebook.com/michaelmullancancerfund/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

kuang1 wrote: »
    5.25am. 9 year old.
    I'm fookin exhausted.

Happy hols all.

Same 5.25 here and then proceeded to take half of a tooth off on a ham sambo.

Dental forum >>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭troyzer

It's almost dystopian.

Future generations in the UK will look back at this in horror. It's so mortifying, mean spirited and stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

I'm not sure I can recall a couple of days of worse posting on this forum in the last few years. Utter sh*te due to 5-10 posters across multiple threads.

Buer wrote: »
    I'm not sure I can recall a couple of days of worse posting on this forum in the last few years. Utter sh*te due to 5-10 posters across multiple threads.

If I'm one of those posters, I do apologise.

I've been a bit of a **** lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Have to agree. The ignore button is useless when there's people quoting them and getting into 2 page nonsense arguments

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

It's Christmas, and I've barely been online - had the toddler at the GP and he has the flu, so he's barely been off my lap since, temp over 40 etc. So I haven't had 5 minutes to read threads, and I'm sure the other lads are also busy over Christmas. We can't read every post, we rely on reported posts a lot of the time to step in and act. But I can count one hand the number of reported posts in the last week or so. If you're going to bitch about the standard of posting, at least report said posts so mods can do something about it.

Zzippy wrote: »

It's Christmas, and I've barely been online - had the toddler at the GP and he has the flu, so he's barely been off my lap since, temp over 40 etc. So I haven't had 5 minutes to read threads, and I'm sure the other lads are also busy over Christmas. We can't read every post, we rely on reported posts a lot of the time to step in and act. But I can count one hand the number of reported posts in the last week or so. If you're going to bitch about the standard of posting, at least report said posts so mods can do something about it.

For the record, I wasn't having a go at the mods. I don't think there's anything particularly reportable...just the incessant whinging, repetition of baseless rubbish and happy ignorance has worn very thin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,723 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

In fairness Zippy I don't think it's anything to do with the mods, it's just been a couple of absolute clowns with agendas. There's nothing technically against the charter with what they're posting, it's just a nightmare to witness it.

Loath as I am to invite a flood of reported posts, individual posts may not be reportable but may be part of a pattern of low level trolling, which we will deal with if possible. I'm not saying report every post, but if someone is being a dick in general, do report that.

You can't report posts you don't see. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Anybody following the darts this year? An absolute thriller just now between Gary Anderson and Chris Dobey.

• Advertisement

Loath as I am to invite a flood of reported posts, individual posts may not be reportable but may be part of a pattern of low level trolling, which we will deal with if possible. I'm not saying report every post, but if someone is being a dick in general, do report that.

Further, I reported Buer's anti-Hayes posts millions of times and I still see the effer posting. The system is RIGGED! SAD!

Further, I reported Buer's anti-Hayes posts millions of times and I still see the effer posting. The system is RIGGED! SAD!

They were pre-approved and fully endorsed by the mod team. ;)

You can’t sensor the truth Donald

You can't report posts you don't see. :)

Who said that?!?!

:D

That new Black mirror movie is a total mindf*ck.

Most of my decisions were seemingly rejected in favour of redo's and eventually it began to feel like a personality test. Quit before half way because I wasn't sure if it was entertainment or an evaluation!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I've read a bit about it.

It's a novel way of stopping people giving out about the ending I guess cos they choose it :pac:

Which, from what I guess as I've never watched any episodes yet, is actually pretty Black Mirroresque in itself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,723 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

SPOILERS VENJUR FOR F*CK SAKE

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

For those of you who like Indian food I had paal last night

My insides are recovering...

Stheno wrote: »
    For those of you who like Indian food I had paal last night

My insides are recovering...

Phaal you mean? It's hotter on the way out than on the way in

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Phaal you mean? It's hotter on the way out than on the way in

Yes phaal

Yes phaal

What I like to do is...
    Plate up the rice and phaal...and stick it in the fridge... overnight...and eat it cold for breakfast....it's absolutely gorgeous...even if it sounds disgusting... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Well as 2018 draws to a close, I feel the NZ senior men's rugby season could be summed up by a pint of Guinness: All Black, but owned by the Irish :(:)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

swiwi_ wrote: »
    Well as 2018 draws to a close, I feel the NZ senior men's rugby season could be summed up by a pint of Guinness: All Black, but owned by the Irish :(:)

Diageo ain't Irish, son.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I have stock in Deagio so technically his statement holds.

dregin wrote: »
    swiwi_ wrote: »

Diageo ain't Irish, son.

Never let a poetic statement get in the way of a blunt fact.

Keep fighting the good fight.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Neil3030 wrote: »
    I have stock in Deagio so technically his statement holds.

Does it say 'Deagio' on the share cert?

Happy New Year ye insufferable John Hayes hating bollixses.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

There is nothing worse than your flight being delayed.

**** sake.

troyzer wrote: »

**** sake.

You might get compo

**** sake.

You might get compo

It's only two hours. Which is just long enough to really piss me off but not long enough to completely ruin my day.

But I have to get public transport at the other end for another four hours and getting there later means a much longer gap between one of the connections.

Saturday 9.35pm
    Colts @ Texans

Sunday 1.15am
    Seahawks @ Cowboys

Sunday 6pm
    Chargers @ Ravens

Sunday 9.40pm
    Eagles @ Bears

Chargers @ Ravens is probably the pick of the bunch. Saturday will be busy for me: Two interpros and then Colts @ Texans.

Watching my Bears in January will be a strange experience. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Yes it must be really tough for you

Yes it must be really tough for you

Nothing worse than a dab of hope before being smashed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

**** sake.

Have you ever had to take down and put away the Christmas decorations on your own?

mfceiling wrote: »
    Have you ever had to take down and put away the Christmas decorations on your own?
    Let me ask you this....would you rather your other half took down the lights and stored/boxed them in a manner that would require the Enigma machine to unravel?

Let me ask you this....would you rather your other half took down the lights and stored/boxed them in a manner that would require the Enigma machine to unravel?

Is this amateur hour? Get an led tree no need for other lights

Jaysus, that’s grim

What did Christmas ever do to you?!

Chuck the whole lot in the bin and go out and buy next years now, as they are all being sold of at 25%-50% of their cost.

• Advertisement

What did Christmas ever do to you?!

Nothing we just don't decorate over much:)

We do have Christmas coasters and placemats and candle holders and multiple mini trees

Nothing we just don't decorate over much:)

We do have Christmas coasters and placemats and candle holders and multiple mini trees

Do you live in a mid-size civil service office?

Do you live in a mid-size civil service office?

No my office is worse than that. My neighbours have no decorations at all. We should rename our road grinch street perhaps?

Just an update on my day:

After my flight landed two and a half hours after it was supposed to, I left the terminal to the sight of my bus to the train station driving away. No harm done, just had to wait fifteen minutes until the next one.

This bus then drove to the station but about three quarters of the way there, it pulled into a layby and the driver just shut it off for about ten minutes. No explanation, no driver swap. Just took a break it seems. After finally getting to the station, I saw my train pull away just as I was getting through the barrier. Had to wait an hour for the next one.

Ah this point I was losing my mind.

I waited the hour, got on the train which was to bring me to the station where I was to get the last train.

The train inexplicably stopped in a station halfway for about twenty minutes in the middle of a two and a half hour journey.

Half an hour after moving again, the driver announced that due to the delay, the train which I was relying on to connect me wasn't able to wait.

I did my Masters in this town and there's a regular train service on a spur line from the main town down to the small town where I'm staying. It doesn't leave at exact times, it operates on common sense and waits for the packed inter city train. But it couldn't wait this time because of the delay.

I'm now sitting in the station and the next connection isn't until half nine.

Unless one of you lot are about to tell me you've had a testicular amputation, I'm convinced I've had the ****test start to the year.

Just an update on my day:

After my flight landed two and a half hours after it was supposed to, I left the terminal to the sight of my bus to the train station driving away. No harm done, just had to wait fifteen minutes until the next one.

This bus then drove to the station but about three quarters of the way there, it pulled into a layby and the driver just shut it off for about ten minutes. No explanation, no driver swap. Just took a break it seems. After finally getting to the station, I saw my train pull away just as I was getting through the barrier. Had to wait an hour for the next one.

Ah this point I was losing my mind.

I waited the hour, got on the train which was to bring me to the station where I was to get the last train.

The train inexplicably stopped in a station halfway for about twenty minutes in the middle of a two and a half hour journey.

Half an hour after moving again, the driver announced that due to the delay, the train which I was relying on to connect me wasn't able to wait.

I did my Masters in this town and there's a regular train service on a spur line from the main town down to the small town where I'm staying. It doesn't leave at exact times, it operates on common sense and waits for the packed inter city train. But it couldn't wait this time because of the delay.

I'm now sitting in the station and the next connection isn't until half nine.

Unless one of you lot are about to tell me you've had a testicular amputation, I'm convinced I've had the ****test start to the year.

Oh, and in said small town I won't be able to get dinner after ten. It'll be about half ten when I get there.

I haven't eaten since 8 this morning. :heart:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement