Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SEPA transfer to non-existing/closed account

Options
  • 30-01-2018 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hello,

I hope all well.

I did SEPA transfer some amount of money to my sister-in-law account. 
    She told me after the fact that she is not using the account anymore and it's probably closed.

Will the money bounce back to my account?
    Is there a chance that the same account numer was reused for different customer?

I can provide more details on PM.

Thank you!

Best
    Dan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

DanielS35 wrote: »
    Hello,

I hope all well.

She told me after the fact that she is not using the account anymore and it's probably closed.

Is there a chance that the same account numer was reused for different customer?

Thank you!

Best
    Dan

Hi Dan,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards and hope you're well too. smile.png 

When you make a transfer to an account that has been closed this usually five working days. If this doesn't occur then we would advise you to send a message when logged into your account on 365 Online by selecting the Service Desk and the Ask a Question option. An advisor can then request a trace on this transfer for you.
    Please let us know if we can help with any other query.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 26 DanielS35

DanielS35 wrote: »
    Hello,

I hope all well.

Thank you!

Best
    Dan

Hi Dan,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards and hope you're well too. smile.png 

When you make a transfer to an account that has been closed this usually five working days. If this doesn't occur then we would advise you to send a message when logged into your account on 365 Online by selecting the Service Desk and the Ask a Question option. An advisor can then request a trace on this transfer for you.
    Please let us know if we can help with any other query.

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Thanks Sarah!:). I already did send message via Service Desk before. Good to know I am on the right track to track my money. I did transfer on the 26th Jan so should know by the end of this week and hopefully will get info from Service Desk. 

Best,
    Dan

Advertisement