Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best public library in Dublin?

• 30-01-2018 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I recently moved to Dublin and I'm looking for public libraries that allow people to borrow books. I'm mainly looking for fiction novels written by American and British authors. The closer it is to the city center, the better. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭coolaboola

Join the Dublin City Libraries. You can apply online here: https://lgma.iii.com/selfreg (You'll bring ID and proof of address to pick up your library card at your nearest library)

You'll then be able to borrow from and return to any library in the Dublin City Library network.

Better again, once you have your library card you'll be able to apply for a PIN (ask at the library for this) that will allow you to reserve books, DVDs (including box sets), audiobooks, ebooks, etc. from any library in Ireland.

You can search for and reserve items by logging on here. When you reserve an item you can select the library from which you would like to collect it. You'll get an email when the item is ready for you to collect (they'll hold it for you for 7 days).

Once you borrow an item you can hold it for 3 weeks. When its due to be returned you'll get another email. You can renew items up to 5 times online as long as no other library user has requested that item.

I love the library! :)

Advertisement