Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else starting to become a bit worried? mod note in first post

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

what a beauty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭sexmag

I'd be selling at this point and waiting to buy back in, this exactly what happened on the run up to xmas and has happened numerous times before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Looks like it's about to make another move up

sexmag wrote: »
    I'd be selling at this point and waiting to buy back in, this exactly what happened on the run up to xmas and has happened numerous times before

We've had a higher low though so should be more to run on that basis

No end in sight going by the bitcoin hashrate if anything it's a buy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,324 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

sexmag wrote: »
    I'd be selling at this point and waiting to buy back in

You might come to regret that :D

Sure you can't do TA on cryptocurrency. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,940 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

JJJJNR wrote: »
    Sure you can't do TA on cryptocurrency. :)

You can't. What you can do is make best guesses. Sometimes those guesses turn out to be correct depending on what day it is, and which way the wind is blowing

Actually the most "predictable" thing about the market is it's unpredictability

• Registered Users Posts: 11,243 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Can we change the thread title to - Is anyone else starting to become a bit worried excited? mod note in first post

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭dickface

delusional, now that it has dropped 80% and is 'stable' , everyone is happy

• Advertisement

I for one would like my crypto bros to get their money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,940 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

dickface wrote: »

Eth is up around 60% since December lows (2 months ago)
    LTC is up around 100% since December

The market is showing potential "green shoots" so people are happy. There's still a lot of skepticism that the bear could continue for a long time or worse, but if these are the first signs of a reversal, then that is also possible

Everyone except dickface

ETH finally broke the 150 just now

Wow in all the excitement samsung just confirmed they are shipping the s10 with a crypto wallet.How much confidence does the market need now.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,324 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

samsung just confirmed they are shipping the s10 with a crypto wallet.How much confidence does the market need now.

Wrong question. How much do I need an S10 right now? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Wow in all the excitement samsung just confirmed they are shipping the s10 with a crypto wallet.How much confidence does the market need now.

I have mentioned a few times that the Secure Folder function that you can use on Samsung phones that have knox, is a very good place to store crypto wallets, bank access apps and other security sensitive stuff. You effectively get a hard wallet thrown in with the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

Not everyone got into the market at its all time high (as I assume you did, judging by your bitter post). BTC, LTC, ETH etc are up hundreds of percent over the last few years kiddo. :cool:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

An IBM blockchain VP is promising some Lambos to people on this thread: https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoin-will-hit-1-million-says-ibms-vp-of-blockchain-jesse-lund

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Already put 1k in bitcoin at ATH, probably worth 20 euro now..

Wonder should I put more in...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,849 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Pussyhands wrote: »

Buy high sell low.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Empty vessells...

Bob24 wrote: »
    An IBM blockchain VP is promising some Lambos to people on this thread: https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoin-will-hit-1-million-says-ibms-vp-of-blockchain-jesse-lund

3 Lambos it is so

Pussyhands wrote: »

Your 1k euro is x times what it was back then, but bitcoin could go to 1500 after this run, but on this run it could go to 20k again. Its a head wreck so put.in what your prepared to lose or wait a couple of years to get back. Horses for courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Your 1k euro is x times what it was back then, but bitcoin could go to 1500 after this run, but on this run it could go to 20k again. Its a head wreck so put.in what your prepared to lose or wait a couple of years to get back. Horses for courses.

Very true. Tbh unless someone really needs the money I wouldn’t sell in this scenario. Those 1k at ATH are now worth 200 euros. At this stage it is already a massive loss and even if bitcoin was to go to 0 (unlikely in the short term) it wouldn’t make the original bet a much more catastrophic a failure than it is now.

So I’d forget about the loss, hold tight, and see if bitcoin eventually turns out to be what I thought it would back in December 2017. No guarantee it will of course, but not impossible either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

Not everyone got into the market at its all time high (as I assume you did, judging by your bitter post). BTC, LTC, ETH etc are up hundreds of percent over the last few years kiddo. Doesnt sound like a pyramid scheme at all..... smh

Your 1k euro is x times what it was back then, but bitcoin could go to 1500 after this run, but on this run it could go to 20k again. Its a head wreck so put.in what your prepared to lose or wait a couple of years to get back- Tulips anyone???? if you hang on to these tulips they will be worth a fortune in 1, 5 or 20 years time, all you have to do is wait...... Obvously some people are still spewing this hyperbole, for their own utilitarian purposes, but you know, if people are still buying into it, and throwing good money after bad, then a fool and his money etc.....

this was very entertaining for a while, now it's just boring......

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

And yet here you still are, posting on a forum for crypto enthusiasts. Remind us again what brings you here exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Not everyone got into the market at its all time high (as I assume you did, judging by your bitter post). BTC, LTC, ETH etc are up hundreds of percent over the last few years kiddo. Doesnt sound like a pyramid scheme at all..... smh

Your 1k euro is x times what it was back then, but bitcoin could go to 1500 after this run, but on this run it could go to 20k again. Its a head wreck so put.in what your prepared to lose or wait a couple of years to get back- Tulips anyone???? if you hang on to these tulips they will be worth a fortune in 1, 5 or 20 years time, all you have to do is wait...... Obvously some people are still spewing this hyperbole, for their own utilitarian purposes, but you know, if people are still buying into it, and throwing good money after bad, then a fool and his money etc.....

I can tell you from experience that gambling money on property and the stock market are no different. Many, many people in this country would still be in a negative equity situation - involving sums vastly greater than 'afford to lose' amounts sensible people would have put into Bitcoin. Given current property prices, I am potentially looking at giving away the land my house sits on for free - nada - zip - if selling the house. I have lost money on shares too, when I lived overseas. All so called 'investment' is gambling. They are all pyramid schemes, fundamentally, if you take the blinkers off.

Bitcoin - I'm currently up 300%. I could have left the money in the bank losing 0.7% per annum. You may be bored, but I'm not, it's actually fun.

smacl wrote: »
    And yet here you still are, posting on a forum for crypto enthusiasts. Remind us again what brings you here exactly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Tulips anyone????
    Have not heard the old tulip theory dragged out in weeks - well done.
    Excellent. Boring is good. 'Entertainment' you'll get in 'after hours'.

Advertisement