Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else starting to become a bit worried? mod note in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,940 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Nearing 24 hours since the sharp drop, curious to see if there will be any "coinmarketcap" effect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Green shoots again.

Because, as above, it's 24 hours after the drop, coinmarketcap natrually "turns" green

This market is so psychological it's hilarious

Yeah right! I don't use cornmarketcrap. This pickup is down to t.may announcing brexit will be pushed through.

I'm gonna say a resounding nope to that

As predicted above, it's down to people "seeing" green exactly 24 hours after a big stop loss 10% to 15% drop on the most checked crypto site in the world and thinking "hey cool" - and the traders knowing this, making some margins on the bounce. That said I have no idea what is going to happen after the bounce

• Advertisement

Is that Dilbert.com your using or some other comic strip site.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

JJJJNR wrote: »
    Yeah right! I don't use cornmarketcrap. This pickup is down to t.may announcing brexit will be pushed through.

It has nothing to do with Brexit and we're probably going to dump some more during the week. There are no green shoots.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

el diablo wrote: »
    It has nothing to do with Brexit and we're probably going to dump some more during the week. There are no green shoots.

Are you really really really sure about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Kev1001

I've just FOMO'ed all in on XRP.
    Changed all my holdings (few tbh) to XRP.

If it doesn't go up, I will cut my losses and sell it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Are you really really really sure about that.

Really really really super-de-duper sure. IME

I get the love for the ideals & what it could mean, but crypto is far away from "there". Most trading is Americans and Koreans, they couldn't give one fiddler's fúck about Brexit. Most wouldn't know Theresa's name if they saw it written and an even greater majority wouldn't recognise her face.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Kev1001 wrote: »
    I've just FOMO'ed all in on XRP.
    Changed all my holdings (few tbh) to XRP.

If it doesn't go up, I will cut my losses and sell it.

Because of the Coinbase announcement? I might be wrong but I think the impact of adding it to Coinbase might be overrated.

Bob24 wrote: »
    Because of the Coinbase announcement? I might be wrong but I think the impact of adding it to Coinbase might be overrated.

Yes. Crypto moves up and down for no reason from what I can see. Surely something becoming available on the most easily assessable place to buy crypto is an actual reason for value to increase?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Kev1001 wrote: »
    Yes. Crypto moves up and down for no reason from what I can see. Surely something becoming available on the most easily assessable place to buy crypto is an actual reason for value to increase?

Again I might be wrong, but I think crypto in general and XRP in particular is already very easily and widely available today. So I am not sure Coinbase has the same systemic influence it would have had a year or two ago.
    Just an exemple to illustrate: anyone who has a Revolut account has access to an XRP marketplace and can buy instantly. The person might never have heard of cryptocurrency, XRP or coinbase before ... but if you tell them to buy XRP right now they could actually have bought some 15 seconds later without having registered a new account anywhere or having any understanding of the concept of what a cryptocurrency exchange like Coinbase is.

There is a always psychological effect of the announcement which has already triggered an immediate 10% increase, let’s wait and see if this is it or if there is more to come and hopefully there is.

Based on the price movement over the past 2 hours, you are most likely correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Anyone holding BNB? Some serious steady gains in the last week!

Truckermal wrote: »
    Anyone holding BNB? Some serious steady gains in the last week!

Yeah, and a few other exchange coins to spread the risk of a single exchange hack. It seems to have split from BTC now, and it's rise seems to be fueling increases in the other exchange coins which is a nice boost

If you look at max supply and what they will be burning, where max supply will be in the future and compare it to other crypto projects (and their "uses") it seems to come out as a slightly better speculative gamble than most other alts (in my opinion)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Yeah, and a few other exchange coins to spread the risk of a single exchange hack. It seems to have split from BTC now, and it's rise seems to be fueling increases in the other exchange coins which is a nice boost

If you look at max supply and what they will be burning, where max supply will be in the future and compare it to other crypto projects (and their "uses") it seems to come out as a slightly better speculative gamble than most other alts (in my opinion)

XRP really seems to be a dead horse along with TRX, funnily any of these coins that are constantly pumped through social media are not worth a rex...

Truckermal wrote: »
    XRP really seems to be a dead horse along with TRX, funnily any of these coins that are constantly pumped through social media are not worth a rex...

I wouldn't put those two in the same boat as each other, nor would I discount them, especially XRP. Crypto is very "flavor of the month" in my opinion. One piece of relatively good news about XRP could send it rocketing up because it's been fairly flat recently

Again, this is all speculation

Got on the BAT party early on, thinking of going in again its pumping because the brave browser is going to be included in the S10 and brave offer BAT tokens to those who use their in browser advertising.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,849 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Using Brave myself it's great. Basically Chrome without all the tracking and pushing ads at you.

Bought some BAT when coinbase were doing a give away that was pushing it up. Kept moving, up about 60% since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭crushproof

Got on the BAT party early on, thinking of going in again its pumping because the brave browser is going to be included in the S10 and brave offer BAT tokens to those who use their in browser advertising.

Ah ha I was just on here to post and wonder why BAT has slowly but surely been increasing over the past month! I should have put more into it!
    Might give Brave browser a try now as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

It’s going to be included in the S10? Seems like a very unusual decision from Samsung if true. Any link to that news?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

It’s going to be included in the S10? Seems like a very unusual decision from Samsung if true. Any link to that news?

I'd like to think Samsung Pay and crytpo wallets will someday have integration

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Blows my mind how these happens tbh.

How something that seems basic and fundamental is just worthless. Society is crazy.

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Blows my mind how these happens tbh.

How something that seems basic and fundamental is just worthless. Society is crazy.

Populist leaders with no understanding of basic economics

The story goes BAT is an eth coin and here's a link of the s10 with some BAT, so kinda true.

https://t.co/NoUARM4aSB
    (https://twitter.com/emailshashwat/status/1099866393581744130?s=03)

Are you managing to shill yourself somehow? No need for us to be sniffing our own farts and pretending it's coke.
    Easy ability to use BAT with phone != preinstalled Brave browser.

Not that I'd find that shocking, dunno why JF would be surprised if they did decide to do it. It's a great browser, especially on mobile. Last night they pushed an update that'll probably keep me on their desktop version because HoverZoom (and all other Chrome extensions) will finally work.
    Not sure if it's a beta or something, can't see much news about it but haven't time to search right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭sexmag

grindle wrote: »
    Are you managing to shill yourself somehow? No need for us to be sniffing our own farts and pretending it's coke.
    Easy ability to use BAT with phone != preinstalled Brave browser.

Not that I'd find that shocking, dunno why JF would be surprised if they did decide to do it. It's a great browser, especially on mobile. Last night they pushed an update that'll probably keep me on their desktop version because HoverZoom (and all other Chrome extensions) will finally work.
    Not sure if it's a beta or something, can't see much news about it but haven't time to search right now.

Is it coming preinstalled on the S10 though and has that been confirmed?

I'll download it now and see how it goes,in the grand scheme I don't mind using a new browser and I dont think most people would either but the crypto part with BAT will probably need to be explained,like quite literally explained to be people who dont know what it is

• Advertisement

sexmag wrote: »
    Is it coming preinstalled on the S10 though and has that been confirmed?

No evidence to suggest that, hence my last reply.

I know the winter's been tough but hopium is a life destroyer.

Advertisement