Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else starting to become a bit worried? mod note in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

JJJJNR wrote: »
    Sun is shining and BAT is going to the moon. I've found the article linking brave to a phone it was the HTC.

https://www.cnet.com/news/brave-is-default-browser-on-obscure-htc-crypto-phone/

It still has some bugs to iron out on the desktop version given my use of it over the past couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭sexmag

It still has some bugs to iron out on the desktop version given my use of it over the past couple of weeks.

Its working great on my so but haven't attempted the desktop browser,brother Google is still in charge but I'm optimistic about a change

sexmag wrote: »
    Its working great on my so but haven't attempted the desktop browser,brother Google is still in charge but I'm optimistic about a change

I'm still using it - but I have to go back to chrome for certain things.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

JJJJNR wrote: »
    Sun is shining and BAT is going to the moon. I've found the article linking brave to a phone it was the HTC.

https://www.cnet.com/news/brave-is-default-browser-on-obscure-htc-crypto-phone/

When you visit the webpage for that phone it appears Opera is the default browser. The heading is ‘Now with Opera, the first crypto browser’. It doesn’t mention Brave anywhere. I know the link is from CNET, but are you sure it’s the included browser? And if it is, that it offers the ability to tip BAT from this browser that runs on Android??

• Registered Users Posts: 65,324 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

A Samsung Note 9 is USD630

Who in their right mind is going to spend nearly 60% more than that on a HTC phone with similar specs? A few thousand people worldwide maybe...

• Advertisement

You can pay for the HTC phone in crypto though, you have to give them that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

The Chromium version of Brave is pretty good for Windows 10 and is compatible with all the extensions and add-ons and was able to transfer my Chrome history, passwords, bookmarks over. Sometimes it freezes and crashes for me though when using certain websites.
    Works great on Android as a replacement for Chrome.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

unkel wrote: »
    A Samsung Note 9 is USD630

Who in their right mind is going to spend nearly 60% more than that on a HTC phone with similar specs? A few thousand people worldwide maybe...
    A Xiaomi M9 will be cheaper than a Samsung Note 9, Who in their right mind would buy a Samsung etc etc.
    Its called choice, If everyone bought because of the spec's they would be all sporting Chinese phones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

On the topic of phones and mobile payments, for those that remember Initiative Q from 6 months ago, they have just launched a mobile app.

seannash wrote: »
    A Xiaomi M9 will be cheaper than a Samsung Note 9, Who in their right mind would buy a Samsung etc etc.

The same people who prefer a BMW over a Ford Focus :p

My point was the Samsung and the HTC are both high end phones from highly rated phone makers, but the HTC is asking a lot of extra money for what seem to me just a few frivolous features

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

The same people who prefer a BMW over a Ford Focus :p

My point was the Samsung and the HTC are both high end phones from highly rated phone makers, but the HTC is asking a lot of extra money for what seem to me just a few frivolous features

High end mobile phone market is all about frivolous features for those who have more money access to credit than sense. Look at the likes of the Red 1, silly money for useless novelty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Not worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Tango One

• Registered Users Posts: 7,849 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Yeah i bought 1000 BAT at around 11cent each just as Coinbase announced the giveaway. At 23cent now. I think it has the most potential as it has a use.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭crushproof

Yeah i bought 1000 BAT at around 11cent each just as Coinbase announced the giveaway. At 23cent now. I think it has the most potential as it has a use.

Very nice few weeks, no doubt it'll continue to climb!

crushproof wrote: »
    Very nice few weeks, no doubt it'll continue to climb!

27c is the resistance.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Pretty nice jump just now.

Don’t know where it’s heading but things certainly look better than they did a month ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I'm up €2 on the 25 BAT I hold in Brave browser :cool:

Owner of Bittorrent? What does that mean?

Thargor wrote: »
    Owner of Bittorrent? What does that mean?

It's one of the more popular torrent clients (software to share downloads over the internet with other people)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭crushproof

Waiting ages for a deposit to go through and since then BAT has gone up 25%. Grrrrr.

It's one of the more popular torrent clients (software to share downloads over the internet with other people)

Oh I know what it is I don't pay for anything since the Napster days, I'm wondering how one guy could possibly own it...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Thargor wrote: »

Oh I know what it is I don't pay for anything since the Napster days, I'm wondering how one guy could possibly own it...

He bought the software client company, not the protocol.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Justin Sun and Tron are great. He’s such a conman and a bullshît artist, and really sums up the whole crypto space.

As someone said on reddit:

There's a big prize draw with a Tesla as grand prize
    A winner is announced
    Winner rejoices
    Tron Guy claims there was a computer glitch
    Tron guy claims they did another draw and someone else won

Presumably the glitch was "The fake account we set up to win so we wouldn't have to give away a Tesla wasn't picked!"

Yeah, I'd hope that we could get together here and rig a 'prize draw' for ^^ . I'm thinking of something appropriate - like a copy of Angela's Ashes - where it's always gray, it's always raining, there isn't so much as a sliver of light pouring through.

To not be able to look at anything objectively (and objectively involves the good and the bad) is truly pitiful.

• Advertisement

Justin Sun and Tron are great. He’s such a conman and a bullshît artist, and really sums up the whole crypto space.

As someone said on reddit:

There's a big prize draw with a Tesla as grand prize
    A winner is announced
    Winner rejoices
    Tron Guy claims there was a computer glitch
    Tron guy claims they did another draw and someone else won

Presumably the glitch was "The fake account we set up to win so we wouldn't have to give away a Tesla wasn't picked!"

You forgot to mention that he used an external 3rd party site to "pick a winner" that can go through a max of 3200 tweets.......when there was 100s of thousands.

The original winner started a thread asking people has he been scammed. People are arguing to get him his Tesla

Advertisement