Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else starting to become a bit worried? mod note in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

I don't think it's easy to solve, dude. Quite the opposite. I think it mightn't be possible at all
    Plausible.
    So less of the snide remarks please.
    Hello Pot, I'm Kettle - nice to meet you! My lord, be self-aware - this thread is a withered carcass of snide remarks.
    I just happen to think that PoW is completely unsustainable, so some of them Crypto-Gods like the alien-looking ethereum guy better get the finger out and start moving.
    I agree. Maybe without the finger being pulled out too quickly. Friction burn, sore bumbum. It can't come soon enough anyway, but these things have to be tested to death.

I'll never understand why the Core BTC devs have wanted to hold onto ASICs so hard. 6 month algo changes like Monero does has murdered it's ASIC market and massively decentralises the network and protects against bad actors scumming their way to the top. Bitmain would be even more fúcked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Bitcoin smashed the resistance. We are rolling.

Thanks to China, USA, Iran and Israel for making this pump possible.

JJJJNR wrote: »
    Thanks to China, USA, Iran and Israel for making this pump possible.

No North Korea? Russia even?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Pump it up!!
    Tear it down! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Big bleed overnight..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Truckermal wrote: »
    Big bleed overnight..

Are we to take it as a good sign that a $200 drop is considered a big bleed these days?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Is there any Proof of Stake coin that isn't massively centralised?

There's more out there than PoW or PoS. IOTA and tangle is a low power example, albeit with its own issues. Haven't followed it recently, but entry level for staking in ETH was set at 32 ETH which at Christmas was in around €3k and is about €5k currently. This enables a multitude of small investors to participate which in turn broadens the network.

While you might not be aware of it, blockchain is receiving huge attention in the energy sector for energy trading purposes, which is unlikely to ever be PoW and is currently very IOT centric as this is the best tech to support massive numbers of low bandwidth, low cost, low value micro-transactions.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

smacl wrote: »
    There's more out there than PoW or PoS. IOTA and tangle is a low power example, albeit with its own issues. Haven't followed it recently, but entry level for staking in ETH was set at 32 ETH which at Christmas was in around €3k and is about €5k currently. This enables a multitude of small investors to participate which in turn broadens the network.

I think that’s key - there are probably other ways to make it work than PoW and PoS, or ways to optimise those that no one had though of yet.

I think most crypto as they stand are not sufficiently scalable for mass adoption (Bitcoin certainly isn’t), but it doesn’t mean it can’t change in the future.

Truckermal wrote: »
    Big bleed overnight..

Zoom out to 30 days and you'll find it's normal. it' had a euro 350 400 drop at the start of this run, big news is it broke through the resistance level it was testing and retesting. Fairly bullish until the Israel elections.

Could go pop at anytime soon though back to 2800.

Bob24 wrote: »
    I think that’s key - there are probably other ways to make it work than PoW and PoS, or ways to optimise those that no one had though of yet.

I think most crypto as they stand are not sufficiently scalable for mass adoption (Bitcoin certainly isn’t), but it doesn’t mean it can’t change in the future.

There are plenty of researchers and data scientists involved in projects to see where scalability will reach. TPS can only be done when mass adoption happens moot point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Zoom out to 30 days and you'll find it's normal. it' had a euro 350 400 drop at the start of this run, big news is it broke through the resistance level it was testing and retesting. Fairly bullish until the Israel elections.

Could go pop at anytime soon though back to 2800.

BNB is down a nice bit I'm thinking of jumping back in again..

Yeah just noticed the elections concluded ! So id say the bull run we seen is fairly much concluded now. Major retrace on the way I'd say.

How do the Israeli Elections influence the drop

They don't.

grindle wrote: »
    They don't.

Keep telling yourself that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

You have to be careful with the media most especially when it comes to price predictions and also to providing reasons for price moves after the fact.

Serious drop today - now below $4700.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,940 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

They don't, most political events don't affect crypto, why would they when there's no link

Chinese mining info, Bittrex license refusal, pullback from recent sharp climbs - that's the stuff that affects crypto prices + whatever random market irrationality

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

It didn't go below $5,000 today. :confused:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

There's something going on there the price dropped to 4700 and then it went back as if nothing happened.

Wtf

I don't see it going below $5k on any of the charts I've checked. Maybe we're heading for a bigger dip in the coming days though.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

What currency ?

10% drop

Bricking it now, only up 30% for the past month.

el diablo wrote: »
    I don't see it going below $5k on any of the charts I've checked. Maybe we're heading for a bigger dip in the coming days though.

Woops sorry you’re right, my mistake.

The instant price was showing $4700 US on coingecko when I checked, but it must have been a bug as I indeed don’t see anything at that level on today’s charts.

What currency ?

Must have been a bug. I definitely saw 4700 USD displayed on coingecko earlier, but looking at the charts now it never actually dipped that much. Sorry about the false alarm!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 186 ✭✭Kickstart1.3

Bitcoin clinging on by the fingernails now to $5000.
    I have a feeling that once it drops its gonna crash the Altcoins hard

Almost looking forward to a drop, opportunity to accumulate more. Definitely heading towards bull market now. Still think we have already found bottom but could bounce between 4200-5000 for a long time.

• Advertisement

Almost looking forward to a drop, opportunity to accumulate more. Definitely heading towards bull market now. Still think we have already found bottom but could bounce between 4200-5000 for a long time.

It may have found the bottom and we are in an accumulation phase of sorts. However, I expect several 'shakeouts' over the duration before we break the ATH again....but that will be well beyond the halving. In for the long haul. Strap in, there will be a rollercoaster to be negotiated between times.

Advertisement