Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else starting to become a bit worried? mod note in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

US customers on Binance Telegram now saying that they can't withdraw their funds.

According to Binance it's maintenance. US customers who want to move their coins have 90 days to move them. BNB is near ATH, so there's no better time to sell if you're worried about the long-term.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

grindle wrote: »
    According to Binance it's maintenance. US customers who want to move their coins have 90 days to move them. BNB is near ATH, so there's no better time to sell if you're worried about the long-term.

What would you sell into. I was thinking of putting it in LTC as it's dropping now but should rise with the halving due in August. Then again it could sink with profits being taken now.

COVA to be listed on Binance soon
    https://medium.com/@covatoken/cova-to-be-launched-on-binance-chain-7283580016b5

Sorry, I posted this in the wrong thread.

VPN subscription?

There are no repercussions for US users for owning it, the pressure (if any) would be put towards Binance as a KYC thing. Use a VPN if you care about putting your money where you want it to be.

Great minds think alike. Loma is a Trader on Twitter that gets a lot of trades right.

The 2nd screenshot is from a reply in the same thread. It suggests Sentinel VPN which runs on Cosmos.

Another one mentioned is Lethean(LTHN)

In separate news Tenx YouTube channel got removed. Not sure if there's more to this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

When they say bots do the mean trading bots where people set them up to run and make trades automatically or is it purely bots used by EOS to drive price up?

seannash wrote: »
    When they say bots do the mean trading bots where people set them up to run and make trades automatically or is it purely bots used by EOS to drive price up?

I'm not sure, was wondering that myself. The tone of the article seems to suggest it's EOS themselves. How could they prevent external bots from making transactions?

seannash wrote: »

They're talking about users of the blockchain. EOS shills have been trumpeting about superior usage of their "DApps" - those users don't exist for the most part. The majority of real usage is people swapping their funds around and almost all DApp usage (via all those gambling DApps) is bots.

They can't prevent it, it's just a study of shills. All those bots can continue using it to stir sentiment that EOS is being used but everybody with eyes knows it's a facade.

It should be tough work to find a coin worse than FBcoin, but -> EOS

They're talking about users of the blockchain. EOS shills have been trumpeting about superior usage of their "DApps" - those users don't exist for the most part. The majority of real usage is people swapping their funds around and almost all DApp usage (via all those gambling DApps) is bots.

They can't prevent it, it's just a study of shills. All those bots can continue using it to stir sentiment that EOS is being used but everybody with eyes knows it's a facade.

It should be tough work to find a coin worse than FBcoin, but -> EOS

Surely Bots are active on all Coins?

Surely Bots are active on all Coins?

Yep, and I predict there will be many more to come on genuine open blockchains. Currently to a much lesser extent than on
    EOS - blockchains with fees cost money to transact, so you'll waste a lot to spam a network.

EOS isn't decentralised in the slightest, has already had multiple instances of block producers colluding and a majority of the accounts spamming the blockchain are bots. But every EOS shill thinks it's the future of blockchain! Super funny shít.

• Advertisement

Yep, and I predict there will be many more to come on genuine open blockchains. Currently to a much lesser extent than on
    EOS - blockchains with fees cost money to transact, so you'll waste a lot to spam a network.

EOS isn't decentralised in the slightest, has already had multiple instances of block producers colluding and a majority of the accounts spamming the blockchain are bots. But every EOS shill thinks it's the future of blockchain! Super funny shít.

Are these Bots the same Bots that people sign up to in order to Day Trade?

What do you mean when you say Spam the Network. What does the process involve?

Not the same bots, although both are just programmed to do what the user wants.

Trading bots are set up with their if/else statements based on price targets, the EOS spambots are programmed to use whichever app/site to make it look busy.
    They'll have a program set up that holds the key to an account and being directed towards whatever thing they want to fluff the numbers of.

e.g. Imagine a gambling app on Ethereum - every tx that commits to the chain costs money. You could spam it, but it would get very expensive very fast so your reason for spamming the app better be worth a lot of money.

On EOS a developer can just buy whatever amount of EOS to scale to whatever bandwidth requirement they have and have "users" (bots) trade endlessly against eachother making it look much busier than it is for relatively little cost. In comparison anyway.
    Busy-looking app=real people more likely to use it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Hopefully not. Anybody using a low volume site with the word "sane" in it's name... They should maybe pull out of crypto.

Or else move the last of their funds to my sparkling new site BitHonest.scam

I mean, it has Honest in the name guys - just keep your money there! Go onnnnnnnnn.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 186 ✭✭Kickstart1.3

Hopefully not. Anybody using a low volume site with the word "sane" in it's name... They should maybe pull out of crypto.

Or else move the last of their funds to my sparkling new site BitHonest.scam

I mean, it has Honest in the name guys - just keep your money there! Go onnnnnnnnn.

I think that's unfair to anyone who lost here. It was based in Dublin for a start so people could easily get conned into thinking it must be legit.
    Just goes to show how the Crypto world is still the wild west. I stopped moving Bitcoin years ago as anytime I did send a few bitcoin from one wallet to another my heart was in my mouth until it turned up a few hours later.
    Nothing much has change in that respect in the last 11 years except the value of the few bitcoin was at most couple of hundred quid back then.
    It's about time we started to see this type scamming disappearing but if anything it looks to be as bad as ever.
    Basically never hold your crypto on any exchange.
    Keep your private keys safe, i.e on a paper wallet
    Never trade, its alive with Bots, whales and sharks. You haven't a chance

The users were unfair with their own funds. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    It sucks for them and it would be a wonderful cotton-candy world if we could trust every random site that existed, but to quote yourself
    ...never hold your crypto on any exchange.

I can only muster up so much sympathy for somebody signing up to the equivalent of FreBay.com or Amagon.co.uk and expecting a positive experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

Thoughts on this?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

el diablo wrote: »
    Thoughts on this?

I have this discussion with a buddy of mine all the time. He believes the same - i.e. that this was all planned and it's part of a bigger agenda to get us all on a one world currency.

I keep an open mind. I do believe that none of the large U.S. tech companies can operate without collaborating with U.S. intelligence agencies. Do I think that Bitcoin itself has been compromised? Not so much. I mean, if it is and they find a way to bastardise it - isn't the genie out of the bottle and we can fork off to another currency (only if its truly screwed)?

If the idea is that Bitcoin is intact but they are using it to start bringing us across to digital currency and will then suppress it strongly - this is far more realistic to me. There's no doubt in my mind that as this progresses there will be push back - we have not even begun to see that yet. I just hope that it will be too strong for them to contain at that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,939 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

I have this discussion with a buddy of mine all the time. He believes the same - i.e. that this was all planned and it's part of a bigger agenda to get us all on a one world currency.

I keep an open mind. I do believe that none of the large U.S. tech companies can operate without collaborating with U.S. intelligence agencies. Do I think that Bitcoin itself has been compromised? Not so much. I mean, if it is and they find a way to bastardise it - isn't the genie out of the bottle and we can fork off to another currency (only if its truly screwed)?

If the idea is that Bitcoin is intact but they are using it to start bringing us across to digital currency and will then suppress it strongly - this is far more realistic to me. There's no doubt in my mind that as this progresses there will be push back - we have not even begun to see that yet. I just hope that it will be too strong for them to contain at that point.

Who is the "they" in this scenario?

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Who is the "they" in this scenario?

U.S. intelligence agencies.

• Advertisement

U.S. intelligence agencies.

Which ones? and what's the credible evidence?

Which ones? and what's the credible evidence?
    Steady on Dohnjoe. I said I keep an 'open mind' on the subject. I'm not making firm claims. Having said that, the CIA has a venture capital arm. They fund all manner of new tech at a very early stage. The vast majority of tech gets assessed these days in its infancy for whatever good it will be in terms of defence/military use/national security, etc. That is a matter of record (their investment in all manner of very early stage tech...just google it).

You appreciate that the USD as the reserve currency has been a key factor in the prosperity of the U.S. for decades? Therefore, I don't think its a stretch to consider that they would look at the future implications of societies moving to digital currencies. Maybe they would want to get out in front of that?

Some may present more firm views on it. I'm just keeping an open mind. My buddy can tell me what conspiracies he believes in and you can tell me it's nonsense - and I'll take both into account.

Perhaps, but a little low on credible evidence, and quite high on the appeal to motive/history fallacies :)

Perhaps, but a little low on credible evidence, and quite high on the appeal to motive/history fallacies :)

Once again, Im not under any obligation to present 'evidence' as I made no claim...just said I had an open mind on it.

If you think the U.S.D. being the reserve currency doesn't have implications, ask the Chinese, Russians, Iranians, etc.

If something like that was fundamental in creating prosperity and competitive advantage for a country, you think they wouldn't forward plan and theorise the possibilities?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

If Dohnjoe doesn't hear about something on the mainstream media he considers it to be a conspiracy theory.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

el diablo wrote: »
    If Dohnjoe doesn't hear about something on the mainstream media he considers it to be a conspiracy theory.

Nope, I just apply critical thinking and basic logic

e.g. if something can be asserted without evidence it can be dismissed without evidence

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Nope, I just apply critical thinking and basic logic

e.g. if something can be asserted without evidence it can be dismissed without evidence

:)

There’s quite a bit of conspiracy theory woo mixed up in the broader crypto community. You’d see quite a bit of it on the subreddits. About how fiat is a yoke to keep the people down, how central banks are controlled by a shadowy cabal of ‘bankers’, and how whales are controlling the market.

The Politics of Bitcoin: Software as Right-Wing Extremism is a decent, of short, book on how crypto tends to attract loons and tinfoil hat merchants like flies to shïte.

Donald Trump holds the record for the most lies told whilst in office. JF for consistency in posting negativity in this sub-forum. Still waiting on ONE post that acknowledges one single positive facet of blockchain technology.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Getting very close to 10000 dollars now ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Bob24 wrote: »
    Getting very close to 10000 dollars now ...

Couple of grand further to go too imo, hopefully to a solid plateau then.

Advertisement